Ability to Add Link

When creating a task, having the ability to add a URL would be great. Perhaps the webpage in question, or a dropbox file, or another external resource.

1 Like

hi @Getz_Pro
this is already possible.
when you paste a link it becomes a hyperkink.
This works in Description or comment section (not in task name section)

Yes, however, what I wanted was a dedicated section so a very long URL would not mess up the rest of the sentence structure.

1 Like

ok, We do use a custom field (Text) named “LINK” to keep track of our links.
If this can help.

I don’t see this when entering a task. It is none of the actions, nor in the More Actions. Please advise.

Do you have the premium version?
It’s a functionnality added when using Premium version.
See Champs personnalisés • Guide produit Asana

you have to be a premium member to add a link properly? Ok lol

3 Likes

I find it ironic that your community feedback page can accept Markdown, BBtext, and even provides a toolbar. So I can ask for a link in Asana USING a link in the feedback. But I can’t use a proper link in the tool. Come on… Asana does a thousand things well. Surely it can provide functionality that was built into the structure of the web 25 years ago.

10 Likes

I would also like the ability to add a Link like this as opposed to the current way, in which we can only add links like this: https://www.google.com/

Also, at the moment links only work in the description , but I agree they should be clickable directly on Tasks too.

7 Likes

This isn’t addressed yet. Can we please get this feature! It’s very frustrating.

Any updates on this topic? Can we have an official feedback from the Asana team?

This is very annoying not to be able to add/paste links. I’ve had complaints from many users and organizations.

Standard use case: More and more tools now offer the ability to copy a text with included hyperlink (Like: Task #24), but you lose the link when pasting into Asana. So you need to paste the link into the browser address bar, copy again the link itself, and paste in Asana. And you end up with a 10-line link that is polluting the thread. Example:

2 Likes

The custom text field will only open links on the computer. iOS and Android does not give you an option to click on the link or click an icon (like on desktop) to visit the link.

2 Likes

I am very interested in being able to have hyperlinked text in the text of a field input. Our use case is that we reference files. The text would be the file path and it would link to the online location. However sometimes the links break so having the ability to see the path to help someone find it manually would be helpful.

Agreed. Trello lets you add any web link as an attachment, which is great. It’s also faster than reconnecting and searching through G-drive every time you want to attach a G-drive link. Seems pretty basic.

@Getz_Pro can you please clarify your request here? I’m unclear on what you’re looking for and I think the conversation on this thread is slightly drifting away from your initial request. Thank you!

Hi @Ludovic_Oudinet, I think this is now resolved. You can paste text including a hyperlink in Asana without losing the URL hyperlinked :slight_smile:

You’re absolutely right, this is great. Thanks!

Yes! I moved from Trello to Asana and I really miss how easy it was to add google drive links. In Asana, I need to log in to my google drive every time, and search for the doc I want to associate with a task, rather than just dropping the link I’ve pasted there. It’s super time-consuming!