Ability to insert hyperlinks

This would be a game changer. Something akin to Google Driveā€™s CTRL+K shortcut to link subtask text would killer.

Looking at their code theyā€™re using a for subtasks, which is probably why they havenā€™t created inline links yet. :frowning:

13 Likes

It seems a little crazy not to be able to hyperlink text, itā€™s been a basic function of the world wide web since the very beginning

Strangely you can do it in this comment box!, Iā€™ve added the issue to the ā€˜UX Filesā€™ here

6 Likes

We also need this feature for our work! Without being able to hyperlink text we have really hard-to-read descriptions in tasks and I worry that links will get broken or be mistyped/edited if they are just floating in a task.

1 Like

Agreed - hyperlinking text would be really valuable. Please add this feature!

3 Likes

Merging the feedback here with an existing thread :scissors:
:point_up: Feel free to vote above :point_up:

Or at least donā€™t repeat the url when they are actually the same

And indeed both the label and the url are clickable links, so I see no point

2 Likes

Another log on this fire. ā€¦ This feature is far too easy to implement. Please, please, for the sake of my team and all our future work, add it.

5 Likes

Adding to this thread to maybe emphasize the necessity of this feature since its been a over year since this thread had started and has seen no implementation

2 Likes

The inability to anchor a URL / change the describe text of a hyperlink is the main reason my team is not using Asana.

We have very long URLā€™s and need to be able to change the descriptive text.

It is in every other project management system Iā€™ve used. Iā€™m surprised that nothing had been done about this yet.

Please add this (normal default with WYSIWYG) feature.

5 Likes

What do you use instead? We just started testing Asana and the lack of this ā€œHTTP 101ā€ feature may be a deal killer.

1 Like

We also just started testing Asana and see so much potential right out of the gate. Iā€™m shocked to hear there is not hyperlinking available. Our current methods of project management using GSuite relies heavily on hyperlinks.

1 Like

I think the feature request is quite clear. I just basically expect/want/need the same thing that Trello has, where you can add a link with text as an attachment. It helps to organize the task.

1 Like

I too am incredulous that such a basic feature as hyperlinking is not supported. I was really impressed with Justin Rosenstein roadmap vision video at https://youtu.be/nRl7d_WM4Bc but hey people its 2018 and if the developers have not been able to implement such a simple feature as hyperlinking, it tells me the underlying framework or architecture is fundamentally flawed. Sorry to be harsh but I am kind of shocked that hyperlinking is missing and also missing is the ability to collapse/expand sections which are standard in Trello. Come on Asana get your house in order and build on solid foundations not sand/sans hyperlinking (biblical/shakespeare nashup)

4 Likes

How is this not yet a feature??? Some URLā€™s (like those from S3) are far too long and verbose to be useful in a comment.

2 Likes

So by now, I am under the impression that the Asana team doesnā€™t take well to feedback and suggestions.

This is the easiest request users can demand and itā€™s been exactly ONE year since this thread was created.

I think at the very least the support team should tell us why this has not been implemented?

Also as a kicker, can anyone point me to a thread on this forum where a suggestion was made by a user and the product was then revised? I am coming across instances way too often where the application should function a certain way which has been requested by a ton of users and to no avail from Asana.

4 Likes

I really want this too asana. Please add hyperlink option to rich text editor in descriptions and commentsā€¦ sort of like the one that exists on the input box right here on this forumā€¦

4 Likes

Thanks Myroslav!! Creative solution which solves my problem.

This feature really is an absolute requirement. Can someone from the Asana team please specify when this could be expected in the development roadmap for the product?

2 Likes

Iā€™m testing Asana Premium to see if we switch from our current Project Management solution.
Been trying it for a couple of hours.

Two red flags so far:

1- No way to organize Standard Operating Procedures (custom templates)
2- Canā€™t create anchors in descriptions, AND looks like people have been imploring for this functionality for over a year here, without any real response from the team.

Not looking good.

1 Like

Eric, curious, what System are you using now and why are you switching? I am in between a few right now and trying to get my teams to agree on something that works well together. (Unfortunately, there is another red flag that you might or might not notice is there is no native Desktop App for asana; strictly through browser window.)

Also, I have noticed that of the few things that people seem to really wantā€¦Asana is NOWHERE to be seen in actively trying to build out the features that the CUSTOMERS actually desire. Pretty frustrating. (Just my 2 cents).