Add locations to tasks

I think it would be great if we could add location information to tasks.

I use Asana as my diary manager as well as general task manager, so being able to put in location information on where I have a meeting, for example, would be really useful.

Even better would be if it automatically opens in Google Maps when you click it.

Thanks Asana team!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Guy_M, sounds like a great idea for the future. I have just removed [Suggestion] from your title as you post is already in the #productfeedback category :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was this ever added? We use asana to organize our trade shows and would be an extremely useful option!!!

2 Likes

Hi @tori.burl,

This feature isn’t available at the moment. I don’t believe this in our near-term plans, but I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I heart anything on this topic.

All the best!

1 Like

Hello,

I work for a utility, and I advocated for implementing Asana when I arrived a couple years ago. We use it now regularly to manage our daily office and field project work. Our work is spatial by nature, and I have always wondered why Asana has not developed or integrated a location/mapping component. I recently have been looking at other Project Management Apps and found that Monday.com does have a mapping component. The way they do it, you have a field column that is the location, and it references actual addresses. Then, as part of the specific project (in that app, called Board), you can view all the tasks spatially on a map.

I’m sure this is far more difficult than I understand, but I am wondering why this has yet to be implemented? It would provide significant value to our workflow, and I’m sure it would be helpful for others as well. Additionally, with the increasing prevalence of ESRI/other spatial analysis tools, it would seem to be something Asana might choose to invest time and effort towards. Thanks for any insights.

4 Likes

I have had a dormant Asana account for years and finally decided to try using it. I run a gardening business and so client sites are projects. I was trying to figure out how to implement this in Asana. Given that there is no location based tagging and no hashtagging in Asana — both of which could help with this — and both features are present in Monday, I will be using Monday instead despite the fact that reviews led me to Asana based on the intuitive nature of the interface. These are both features I would suggest Asana implement as soon as possible.

4 Likes

Just started using asana. I have to copy the google map url of my directions into the task name. And when I go back in the task to grab my location, on iphone - I will copy the url link and choose option ‘look up’ and it brings me to google maps.

Yes extra steps since the url is not linkable in the task name

But the url is linkable if you paste it in the description area of the task.

Trello has a great feature with this, which is to display a map view of your tasks.
This is exceptionally good for handymen projects such ours (electricians, painters).
I’m not sure we’ll keep using Asana since this is missing and such as great feature.

I hope this get’s implemented.

I have the same issue to.
What i’d like to see is if we can link the forms template so that a location can be included in the form for someone to nominate when making a request.

When the form is submitted, at least we can see spatially where all the requests are concentrated. so we can target our resources there. At present, we are having to have custom apps built.

1 Like

I’d also like to get a location feature added to Asana, has there been any more demand?

3 Likes

Just a heads up loooove Love Love Asana, but really need the google maps function mentioned above, and as a result, unfortunately went to ‘Monday’ on the suggestion as they had it, so i am no longer with Asana, man wish you guys took this feedback onboard, would have stayed otherwise

3 Likes

Please add location functionality to tasks and the possibility to add the location as a custom field with a direct google maps link. Lots of us need this and it’s been asked for a while now…there must be a way to make this happen?

2 Likes

we need those locations as an option in order to organiza tasks… Come ooon!! :slight_smile:

+1!

+1

As a realtor, this is one of the missing features that is really pushing me towards their competitor. Having a map view is a game changer for listings.

Hi All - has this feature been added yet?

1 Like

Looking forward to have this as well. We use it in our construction company and it would be a great feature having all of our projects with locations integrated to google maps!

1 Like

Please implement locations fields on tasks!!!

1 Like

Wait it has been 5 years. This feature hasn’t been implemented yet? Could you at least provide a link to where your priorities lies? What is the list of features you are working on, how you are prioritizing them, and when do you hope to finish them (and then add 2 months). Even if you told me, it’s coming in November…at least I know you’re working on it. Geotagging or referring to our locations is very crucial to our business and the fact that Monday and Trello has this is making it hard for me as a manager to suggest upgrading to add workflow management, if little to no effort is being made to communicate better on what your future holds on improvements that people are literally begging for. 1. Geotagging 2. Create/duplicating tasks and templates on mobile devices. All I want is a link to what you are working on, please.

1 Like