Add more people to a task in a shared project

Hi Guys

Is it possible to add more the one to a Task in a Asana ? In our case we are often more working on the same task in department?

Hope you guys can help me out

Best Regards
Alexander

According to Asana’s guide, “Every task can only have one assignee, while it can have many collaborators.” (Asana tasks - understanding the basics | Product guide • Asana Product Guide). You may also wish to search the community for more discussion on this topic.

1 Like

You cannot do that no, I would suggest assigning copies of the same task to each person.

You can find more discussion on the pros/cons here

Sure but the “My Tasks” section does not include tasks I am a collaborator on. So I am often not aware I should be working on them at all.

Another approach could be to work with task and subtasks described here Understanding Team Member Assignment - #3 by Silvan

My comment was made in 2017.

You need to communicate that to the person adding you as a collaborator. If you are responsible for an action, you should be assigned to a task or subtask. Collaborator is meant to keep you in the loop.

yeah sure
ofcourse

I am being forced to switch to Teams which does allow multiple assignees and also integrates with Active Directory much easier. Teams planner is clunky though, and I wish Asana would at least give the organization the option to assign multiple people to a project. Why restrict this when it may make sense for some orgs?