Add multiple templates to one project?

Is there a way to assign multiple templates to one project?

Let’s say w have 6 templates for 6 marketing implementation processes.

• Competition Analysis.
  • SEO.
  • Adwords.
  • Facebook.
  • Web Design.
  • CRO.

Different clients will chose different services.

What is the best approach to doing that? Can we assign say web design template and CRO template to a project?

Thinking about a Lego type of option where I can drag and drop multiple templates into a project as desired.

• Creating a master template would be over the top. This is a super simplified example that could be way more complex (aka each of these “templates/services” has multiple sub templates).

Thanks

7 Likes

Hi @JesusM, to confirm, are you setting up these templates as projects, or tasks?

Hey @paulminors, projects.

I just looked at someone walking through teamwork and that’s something they have…

Can figure if it’s possible with Asana.

Okay. If it were me, I would create a master template with all options in it. Then, when you go to use the template, simply bulk delete the sections you don’t need:

1. Select task.
  2. Hold shift and click the bottom task within the section you’d like to remove.
  3. Tab + delete (backspace)

I mentioned in my original post that’s not a good solution… thanks for trying though!

3 Likes

Hi @JesusM, it seems you might want to use Task Templates instead of Project Templates. I wrote an article about them you might want to check out:

1 Like

Hey @Todd_Cavanaugh that means if I have 20 processes I need to create 20 task templates and let’s say a new client comes, I’d need to create 20 copies and then add it to the project?

Do you know if there’s a “multiple copy” option in asana where I can just copy 15 of these templates and add them to a project at once?

Thanks

3 Likes

Yes, you would create a Template Task for each of your multi-step processes. There isn’t a “multiple copy” option, although that would be a good feature for Asana to add. A 1-minute workaround would be:

1. Set up a blank temporary project
  2. Multi-select whichever task templates you want to duplicate
  3. Use “Tab + P” to add these tasks to the temporary project
  4. Copy the temporary project (make sure “Projects” is not selected)

For more info, you can check out the Asana Training Masterclass, an online course I developed for teams. Hope that helps!

Todd
projectmanagementpros.com

If there are any updates that enable this please can someone add it to this thread as I’d also like to be able to do exactly the same. It would be so good to be able to add multiple templates to a project

3 Likes

I would like to be kept in the loop on this feature as well. It would be so great to be able to create a project using multiple templates out of the box.

3 Likes

This would be a great feature that seems to fallen into the depths of Asana’s ignore list

7 Likes

Following up on this feature request. Wondering if there is a way to combine multiple template projects together to build the “lego” model as mentioned above. We are trying to modularize our services and each service has a series of tasks/approvals/milestones associated with it. Deleting anything not being used would be very manual.

2 Likes

Just checking is there still not a direct way to combine multiple templates into a project?

1 Like

@Shumaisa_Khan I’m working on a workaround, which I’m hoping to post soon. Meanwhile I’d suggest voting for Modular Templates

still not possible?

I agree this would be a really helpful feature!

@Simon_Logé I have devised a workaround for this with existing functionality. It might be a bit convoluted, and it’s not for beginners, but it should do the trick.

It is shared here: Leveraging Project Templates - a Deep Dive # MODULAR TEMPLATE