Add New Subtasks to Bottom, on Mobile App

I was adding subtasks to a task on my Android phone, and I added them in order of when they had to happen. E.g. step 1, step 2, step 3…
But new subtasks we’re added to the top of the list. So it ended up looking like:
Step 3
Step 2
Step 1

This is unintuitive behavior since I would have to add the tasks in reverse order to get the desired order. I’d have to think of the finishing step, and then the step before that, and so on… Backwards.

I thought, no biggie, I’ll just add them all in and then reorder them. Couldn’t. I tried holding the subtask and it never lifted.

I know subtasks can be rearranged on Desktop, but it would be really nice to be able to do it on Mobile. At the very least, new subtasks should be added to the bottom of the list, not the top.

I hope I’m not missing something completely obvious that renders this whole request benign, but I don’t think any mobile feature exists to compensate for this problem I’m having.

By the way, I love the app!

Okay totally missed the fact that Subtasks can be rearranged. They need to be held in the subtask edit screen…
But still, I think it would make sense to order tasks from the top down by default. That is, new tasks should be added to the bottom of the list, not the top. Unless I can be enlightened as to why it’s done the other way.

1 Like