Add support for MS SharePoint

Happy to see OneDrive support now. However, can you extend support to SharePoint Online please?

A large portion of our documents are created in Word/Excel/PowerPoint. We enjoy the document co-authoring functionality facilitated by storing documents in a SharePoint Online team site; one of the features included in our Office 365 subscription.

Asana native support for SharePoint Online would save us posting really long and ugly URLs to share and collaborate on our team documents. Thanks!

I completely agree. Our company is evaluating Asana and having this integration is crucial. Over the last 6 months or so, we have adopted shared documents/folders and TEAMS – but that’s not the same as OneDrive (implying it’s a personal - not shared - file). It is my understanding that the securing behind MS Sharepoint makes this tricky – but are working on it (at least that is what I heard). We are looking to use Asana to collaborate with our clients – and not having this solution risks us having multiple versions of files. Any tips/tricks you have to workaround this feature limitation would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

2 Likes

+1

Organizations that use Office365 store their files in SharePoint Online, not in OneDrive, so supporting SharePoint as file storage is key.

Would love to see this feature added.

3 Likes

We use Sharepoint for document storage as well with our Office365 subscription and I’ve been trying to note the finalized file location in related tasks in Asana. However when I paste in the URL, the URL contains a : b : (without spaces) and that triggers Asana’s emoji coding and breaks my URL. Any solutions on a workaround for this?

This would be huge. Placing documents directly in Asana doesn’t really make sense. Being able to reference a document that already exists in your doc mgmt system (SharePoint) would really streamline the usability.

3 Likes

Upvote! This is a big problem for our company that needs to comply with information security requirements and cannot store documents directly in Adana. I’ll dance at your daughters wedding if you can get this in place!

1 Like

Is there any progress on this? Instead of focusing on dreaming big and features that will take years to come - how about implementing features that will enable workplace productivity today?

Failure to implement such small things is frankly contrary to the Asana vision.

2 Likes

You’ve even gone to the effort of integrating with Teams, and yet you don’t integrate with the main file management system that Teams is built on. Businesses simply don’t store files in OneDrive. Really need at least an update on this to know you’re at least working on it!

2 Likes

yes please add Sharepoint

Surprised this not been added yet? Really need this functionality for my site as well!

Hi!

This feature would be very useful to our organization too!

Cyril

Is there any update on this? It seems more common that business store their documents no a team Sharepoint page rather than a personal OneDrive, so the OneDrive integration is close to useless without access to the Sharepoint team pages.

Just throwing in my two cents, as a user that is testing out various toolsets.

The lack of this pretty basic integration will likely cause us to not migrate to Asana, despite the fact that it is really an exceptional tool for our purposes otherwise.

This is particularly frustrating, since apparently the MS SDK for this is out there – the Trello one-drive “power-up” supports SP, complete with drag-and-drop file upload.

Info on a timeframe would be most helpful – if we knew this were coming in the next couple months, that might sway a decision, etc.

1 Like

I can only agree, same here!

Try Bit.ly or any URL shortening Service ??

Are there any news about?

Hi all, we’ve made some enhancements to the OneDrive connection to be able to access shared document libraries stored in team sites on Sharepoint. If you go to the paperclip icon in an Asana task, choose OneDrive, then log in with credentials that have access to your Sharepoint Online account, you should be able to find your team folders on the left side of the file selector.

Please let us know how this goes and whether you are able to locate your desired files in Sharepoint!

3 Likes

Hi Tony, Great job!! For some reason I can see sharepoint folders on Firefox but not on Chrome. I revoked access from Azure and gave access again but Chrome is not showing sharepoin folders. Any ideas?

1 Like