Admin Delete and Edit of ALL comments

So I (one of the Company Owners, and ADMIN’s of Asana), just figured out I can NOT delete someone else’s comment. This seems ridiculous. We are a company that deals with over 300 contractors and 6000 clients. We are just now getting new clients on board with using Asana, and they are putting comments in the wrong places etc…

We MUST have the ability to simply delete comments. Other helpful and common sense features would me “move comments” to anywhere in Asana, and as many others have mentioned, Edit Comments, after they have been posted.

Perhaps these items were simply not thought of during the inception of Asana, but surly now, in 2018, the term ADMIN or Administrator, is universal for “CAN PERFORM ANY ACTION”. Please add the ability for Admin’s to delete and edit comments (as well as anyone to edit a comment of their own). If we do not have these features soon, we will have to use a competing product. There is no way we will ever “not” need this feature as we will be having new customers use this and screw it up for the life of our company.

Thank you for your time in reading all the communities comments Asana. (and acting on many of them)

9 Likes

Completely Agree +1

4 Likes

I believe the ability to edit your own comment already exists. However, I agree that Admins should be able to delete ANY comment currently.

6 Likes

This is needed.

2 Likes

Any update on this? Really need this, especially to remove comments that would confuse newcomers because processes have changed, or etc.

4 Likes

Yes please, this is needed. Ppl keep commenting in crazy places and rather than asking them to delete I’d like to be able to tidy up myself

3 Likes

YES! This is driving me crazy. Please give admins the ability to edit and delete other people’s comments. It is a huge waste of time to have to contact the person who made the comment and ask them to go in and remove or edit it.

6 Likes

PLEASE!!! I just had a coworker reply to a conversation on a project and it made a separate comment for every tiny little image in his email signature (all of our social media icons, etc.). The fact that I can’t delete these kinds of things as admin is crazy.

6 Likes

This would also be useful in case you update from one internal system to another. E.g. updating all the URLs in comments that reference an internal website. Or updating all dropbox links to Google Drive links (or something like that).

2 Likes

Totaly agree!!! ASANA Why is there no response to these questions???

3 Likes

This topic has been open for so long! Please build this functionality.

2 Likes

YES This needs to be done ASAP!

1 Like

It would also be helpful if there was a time limit for how long someone has to edit their own comments, like 1 minute… having issues with team members editing comments to include additional information after supervisor reviews - so it appears like supervisor is micromanaging or not reading… but in reality the original comment was edited.
Or is it possible to disable comment editing for projects?

Needed very much so! We share tasks with clients and at times need to remove internal notes. The same goes when we reassign task to other resources and want to ensure that the new resource isn’t aware of previous chatter.

1 Like

This is a much needed feature set. I have users that consistently bloat projects with unnecessary commentary. The younger workforce at times forgets they aren’t responding to SMS messages but engineering and consulting information that requires more tactful responses or less information all together. An admin should be able to easily moderate.

3 Likes

So when will this be set up?

1 Like

100% agree. This is one in an ever growing list of “cannot do’s” with Asana for me… I can’t believe this ticket was created in 2018 and this still isn’t a feature.

2 Likes

1000% agree! Why is this not a thing yet?!

1 Like

This is one of our MAJOR issues with @asana. This function needs to be added ASAP!

1 Like

Adding my +1 to this request over 4 years after it has been made. Would love to see this feature in the next update!

1 Like