Alerts at a set time

Dear, I can not get asana to notify me by an alert / notification when it arrives to the “due date”. For example, there is a task in which I select the “due date” for today at 09: 00hs and when that time arrives nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

4 Likes

Hi

There are no notifications at the due time, there is already a post on that topic, see the following link:

Julien

6 Likes

What a pity. Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi there Bernabe

Julien is absolutely right, unfortunately this isn’t possible at the moment.

To be honest, this is something we’re super aware of. While it is on our radar, we’re unable to speak to specific timelines. If you’d like to know more about how we engage with feature requests in the Community, take a look at this post

5 Likes

I’m still confused as to why the notifications are taking so long to implement. Especially when they have worked in the past.

I’ve had to essentially abandon Asana and move to a paid version of Todoist to make my workflow work for me. And it killed me to do so. I love Asana’s look, usability, sub-tasks, comments – and yet, no ability to remind me that a project is due when I’ve set a due date/time. Like many people, I’m drowning in email. I would like a notification that keeps me out of my email so that I don’t get waylaid by the other email messages waiting for me.

Please consider this yet another nudge to get the notifications working - especially for push notifications on mobile devices. I think your users would appreciate them very much.

23 Likes

+1 would love this as a feature!

3 Likes
    1. I do not understand how a task based project platform doesn’t have alerts.
16 Likes

+1! also looking for this function.

5 Likes

Is this still not a thing?! All i want is to be able to set notifications on tasks… seems real simple for a task management app…

4 Likes

Hi again @Bernabe_Nolasco_Arru, @AmyHampton, @Andrew_Cumms, @lp1, @PCoughlin
& @Delainy_Kennedy,

I think this post would be best served if we moved it over to the #productfeedback category. This way your request can gain the maximum visibility needed for our developers to view. Also, this would our fellow community members to see & vote upon.

Please note that in order for your feedback to be successfully logged, click the vote button that appears at the top of this post, next to the community post title.

Thanks for staying engaged & letting us know how much this feature means to you.

3 Likes

I just discovered if there is a time for your project you can import it to your google calendar and set up alerts through google on your phone or whatnot. This has been my solution for this preference. Hope that helps someone.

4 Likes

This feature is very important to me. I really need Asana to be my singular source for Tasks as well as projects. This feature would make this a viable option. Without it, not so much. If I have to continue to use Toodledo / 2Do etc. as my own task list it dramatically reduces the effectiveness and potential need for Asana.

3 Likes

Hey Moriya, could you please explain how to do this? Thank you

1 Like

It’s insane to me that a task manager only seems to have the capability to alert me the day after something is due.

Does anybody at Asana actually use Asana the way that customers use it (e.g. most of us don’t sit there all day staring at the Asana inbox).

Task managers are supposed to be proactive.

5 Likes

Hi All -

This is THE biggest issue with Asana. I set due dates but there’s nothing to remind me, I have to go an look myself. Any help with email notifications when something is about due or is past due would be ideal. Honestly as others have said, unsure why this isn’t a thing already.

Please do this! Asana has done so many other great improvements, please move this to the top of your list!

Brendan

5 Likes

I have been using google alerts. Interface with the Calendar and if you set a time you will get google alerts. Not perfect but workable.

Is there any progress on this? This feature is essential amd all the other project task manager apps have this function.

1 Like

Hey, is there any plan to implement this feature?.. For me it is crucial for any app like this

Hi, can you explain more on how to do that?

Best Regards.

If you haven’t figured out getting alerts yet I highly recommend setting up Project Buddy! It works perfectly! I almost gave up on Asana and have been searching for weeks to figure this out. Project Buddy + Asana: Sync with Google Calendar • Asana … and no i’m not sponsored by project buddy I’m just so thankful i found this solution after scouring the internet. hope this helps everyone

1 Like