Asana Academy Premium Training are not closed captioned accessible

Our organization has adopted Asana nicely but naturally need refresher courses. Last September, I recall the training was done by dial-in the webinar. Found it very accessible for Deaf and Hard of hearing to call in a phone number to access the live training. And recently affirmed with my co-workers to take the premium training and learned there was major change approach to training. Only to learn its now all online with no live training and no closed captioning for Deaf and Hard of hearing.

So with your 22+ courses in Academy being inaccessible, I cannot train my staff using online staff and spend more time hands-on with an employee. Counterproductive training.

Please reconsider and implement closed captioning or subtitle on all of the training.

1 Like

I echo this. As one of the staff members who wants to take the training, I was looking forward to learning more, but didn’t realize this road block. The irony is that your promo videos do seem to be subtitled, but the training videos are not. Please consider subtitles. It will not only benefit Deaf and hard of hearing people, but also people who are not native English speakers because they will be able to see the words as well as hear them. It also provides an avenue for making your information accessible in other languages through translating the English subtitles into other languages.

5 Likes

I agree with Adan and Stuart. I am Deaf since birth and depends on the subtitle for my work performance and using ASL (American Sign Language). Please seriously consider adding subtitle to all of your training videos. This will increase your users, wink…

Hopefully one of you at ASANA to reply sooner since its 7 days from Adan and Stuart. Thank you.

5 Likes

OH… when I clicked vote button above and it says 9 more votes left before Asana can reply. Please click vore above! Thank you.

3 Likes

I also agree with Adan. It would be so beneficial for our organization to have these trainings accessible to those who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Thank you for your consideration!

5 Likes

It doesn’t make sense that Asana wouldn’t have these captioned. Quality organization attempting to be efficient but can’t be granted true access to the training that would allow them to best use the product. Come on guys! Asana, thanks for your willingness to now step up and caption those videos.

1 Like

100% Yes, captions offer equal access to communication - which is what asana strives for. “Asana’s mission is to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly”, Deaf have no opportunity to to thrive on the team if they are not given access to content equally. Access is a human right. Thanks for this - you team is awesome!

1 Like

Hi folks and so sorry for replying to this thread only now, for some reason it fell out of my radar.

I’m happy to share that all our Asana Academy videos have now English subtitles, you can enable them by using the closed caption button on the video player (see attached screenshot). Note that the “Asana Basics” videos are already available in other languages (German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese) and we’re working on extending these languages to all other videos. I’ll make sure to keep you posted via this thread once it’s the case!

Again, so sorry for the disconnect here, and if you have any follow-up questions, please let me know in the comments below, I’ll be more than happy to help!

2 Likes