ASANA and SLACK

Ya - we use slack just for chat. Asana is where we manage everything.

1 Like

Another nice to have would be the ability to set deadlines within the slack commands. Iā€™m trying to bring my company onto asana and they use slack a ton, so this is the way I can make inroads. Any idea when you will take ownership :slight_smile:

Having tried to integrate Asana I observed the notification feed is lossy i.e. certain notifications get left behind, and are being updated only within 1 minute interval (not realtime).

Example:

Test: Task 1 created
Feed: Task 1 created

Test: Task 1 completed
Feed: Task 1 completed

Test: Task 2 created, Task 3 created, Task 3 completed
Feed: Task 2 created, Task 3 created

Task 3 completed is missing, and this goes on quite a lot, rendering the plugin useless.

Is there a Support team that can be contacted in order to check and fix this issue?

Iā€™m sorry if this has already been brought up, but I agree with @Rashad_Issa in the sense that there are way to many notifications that come from Asana into Slack. I didnā€™t really understand if there is an option to set custom notifications for the integration or not. As said by RashadIssa, it would be great to only be notified when a task is assigned to me, or when a new deadline for a task I follow changesā€¦

So to sum up all of it, do you think itā€™s possible or that feature hasnā€™t been integrated (yet) ?

1 Like

I encourage all of you to visit this thread to tell us what youā€™d like to change about our Slack integration! cc @Sharrifah

Hi @Kaitie! Is the referenced webinar still available? Iā€™m currently exploring Asana & Slack options. Interested to see/hear how other teams have integrated the pair into their work flow. :smiley:

Cody

2 Likes

Yes, you can check it out here: Sonder manages remote teams in Asana | Product guide ā€¢ Asana Product Guide

1 Like

I agree that notifications are not customisable enough. We have people that use Asana in varying amounts and this is where it becomes really hard to keep the people engaged that donā€™t use it on a daily basis but need to have input when asked. Notifications of @mentions would be very handy and an easy way to loop someone in who otherwise is not

We are looking into Slack but was wondering if there are any other messaging tools out there that integrate with Asana?

Is it possible to turn off email notifications (or modify frequency) for Asana Conversations? I donā€™t want an email every time someone adds a comment ā€“ I want to see it when I log into Asana ā€“ and I donā€™t want to unfollow the conversation either.

Hi folks,

Reviving this convo to let everyone know we will run a webinar on connecting Slack with Asana next month. You can learn more and register here: