ASANA Boards and colour coding

Hi @Allen_Starkey - I think I understand the point of confusion. You’ll need to add each subtask to the project. So, click into each subtask. When you’re viewing the subtask, use Tab+P to add the subtask to the project. When you do this, the subtask will appear in the main project view.

1 Like

So, I am new to Asana and so far I am enjoying it. My question regarding color coding tabs/tags is: Is there a way to retroactively assign a color to a tag? It seems that when a couple of tags were created they were not assigned a color (which is a great visual clue/key to my project). I have looked and looked. Please, advise.

Yup! Just click inside a task and click on the tag itself. Then you’ll be taken to the individual tag’s page. You’ll see a header (as you would in a project) with the tag title. Click the drop down arrow next to the header and then select highlight color and select whichever color you’d like :slight_smile:

Hi there - new user to Asana! Is there a way to color code the columns inside of a project?

1 Like

Hi Samantha, welcome to Asana!
There is no way to colour the columns inside a project unfortunately, but if your tasks are houses in several projects and each project has a colour, then the colour will appear on each task.

@Samantha_Alfaro I agree! It would be great to be able to assign the column in a board a color. Especially for then viewing within “timeline” you could see which tasks are in each stage of a process. Which is what we’re currently utilizing the boards function to visually display.

3 Likes

Is there a way to automatically assign a colour code to all tasks in each column of a board without individually tagging them? It would be great it they were all grouped into coloured swimlanes on the timeline view as well - but I can’t quite discern the logic behind how tasks are ordered vertically in the timeline view - it looks like it is by the date of creation, whereas ideally it would be by column.
Thanks

We use tags, and the colors help. BUT, 1) we are running out of colors and 2) I’d love to be able to change the background color of the actual task in a board. Just another visual cue for type or status of a task.

5 Likes