Asana & confluence integration

Hi there,
Our business use Atlassian Confluence mainly for collaboration purpose. Our marketing dept. just added Asana in order to manage our projects (love it!). However, I’m still trying to find the best integration for our tasks between the 2 applications.

We’ve added the “Asana for Confluence” feature, but it doesn’t seem that helpful to me: let’s say you are in a meeting (meeting notes: Confluence) and you assign a task to yourself, you have to open Asana 1st, generate the project and task in Asana, then get back to Confluence, paste the Asana Task link into your Confluence meeting note. Not that convenient…

Logic for me would be to take our meeting notes in Confluence with ability to create/push a project or task from Confluence into Asana. Then you work in Asana as soon as the meeting is over. I’ve checked Zapier, but Confluence is not available there.

Any idea?

Tks

13 Likes

Same issue here.
We would love to take meeting minutes in confluence and assign asana tasks without having to jump between applications.

6 Likes

I have integrated Confluence and Asana and I’m wondering if I can create an Asana task within a Confluence page. I am aware that you can paste an Asana task hyperlink in confluence and have it visible.

2 Likes

Hi @Barnett_Williams1! I’m not very familiar with Confluence, but my colleagues are recommending https://www.cloudpipes.com/integrations/asana/confluence. Hope this helps!

This cloud pipe between asana and concluence does not seem to yet be created. Are you sure it’s active?

1 Like

That’s the exact same thing we are looking for, because pasting an Asana task hyperlink in Confluence is counterproductive.

2 Likes

It really is :weary:. Far too much room for error.

1 Like

Totally agree with the main point of this post, would love to see a Full integration between Asana and Confluence. Asana is a core piece of our workflow, as is Confluence, but as the deepen their grip in our organization, this feature is becoming a glaring drawback.

Without a more seamless integration between these two tools, we may start to look elsewhere.

2 Likes

Is there a fix coming for this? Would love to find a way to keep Asana as part of our workflow, but comprehensive Confluence integration is essential.

3 Likes

+1 on this being an issue

2 Likes

Hello Marie. I don’t feel this topic is among Asana’s development priorities. For my parts, this affects my ability to expand Asana to other departments in our organization. In the end, It’s going to be easier to make my department switch from Asana to another Project Management tool, that make the rest of the company drop Confluence. Please keep me posted on this.

2 Likes

Will do @Charles_Sevigny! Thanks for providing me with more context!

1 Like

Two ideas:

1. tray.io claims to support Asana and Confluence. They don’t explain what’s possible, though: https://tray.io/connectors/asana-atlassian-confluence-integrations

2. Zapier recently started to support Confluence - not much functionality as of now, though: https://zapier.com/apps/confluence/integrations/asana

1 Like

Hi Folks,

Any updates on this integration feature - we’d really, really love to be able to create a task on Confluence which would trigger a task being created in Asana.

Many thanks,

Gemma

Any updates here? I’m completely floored that I can’t find any strong wiki integrations, much less for the big one, confluence?

I tested slab and slite, and slite’s integration has a way to create asana tasks from their pages, but its slow and clunky.

My use case is the same as everyone above. I’d like to take meeting notes, and have follow-ups go into asana.

Any updates from the Asana team? The inability to send Confluence action items directly to Asana tasks with a seamless integration is the only thing stopping me from switching my whole team to Asana.