Asana project as Helpdesk/Support Ticket System?

Hi Guys,

I am trying to create a project to use as a help desk/support ticketing system.

Right now, I use Zapier to forward the email that is sent to our support email address. This then creates a new task within the project. However, each time there is a response to that thread where our support team helps the customer, it creates a new task that is a duplicate essentially.

I’m curious if anyone has tried to set up a support ticket system as a project and what it looks like. Any suggestions?

Hi Jared,

I expect you could fix this by either:

1. Adding a filter to your Zap after the trigger. So if a task for the ticket already exists (you could search by ticket #), then don’t run the Zap.
  2. Use the “Find task” action (instead of creating new task) then check the box to create a task if it doesn’t exist. That way you could update the task instead of creating a new one.

Hope this helps!

Paul

I created a HelpDesk Ticketing System w/ Jotoform as the electronic secretary> Zapier > Asana across 5 departments nationwide and currently we have over 100+ users integrated. in 90 days we have already completed over 3k tickets. The tracking metrics is really poor within Asana and there isnt any “round robin” auto assignee but the workaround can be done is excel.

May I ask how you deal with email communication between yourself and the support client? Asana does not allow any old emails to be sent into it, so I assume it has to come from an approved email. So if you need to reply to that task I assume it would not go to the customer email, but to the approved email (e.g. ours!) so how does one deal with communicating on tasks between the support client?

I too would like to use Asana as our support system. At the moment we use Helpscout because anyone can email our support email into Helpscout. But then we have to manually add that as a task in Asana, but then all communication goes trough Helpscout. All because Asana does not allow un-approved email addresses into it. Its not good!

Thanks