Asana slash commands for Slack

Hello everyone, I hope that you are all well. Could you please post the link to a FULL list of asana commands to use in SLACK?
I am familiar with the slash commands found at Slack + Asana • Asana Product Guide however I don’t know how to assign Due Date to tasks.

Thank you in advance.

rabbit

@rabbit, great to hear you’re using the Slack integration! There is no way to assign a Due Date to a Task using a Slash command, and the full list of commands is listed at the link you’ve pasted. For your reference, here’s the dialog from inside Slack itself.

42 PM

I’d love to hear any input you have on our Slack integration, and what you’d like to (or already are) using it for!

@Sara , there is one thing I dont know how to do in Slack with the Asana integration but it seems like something that would make sense. I would like to create Asana tasks from existing slack comments but I dont see how to achieve this. eg a team mate posts a comment which I feel should be setup in Asana as a task. Do you know of a way to achieve this?

1 Like

@Brent_Grove You can certainly accomplish this with the integration by creating a new task in the Slack channel. Once the integration is set up, you can type “/asana add [INSERT NAME FOR TASK HERE]” and it will create a task from Slack in Asana. I hope that helps!

1 Like

@Kaitie thank you - this is exactly what I’m looking for! Is it possible to use the integration, and not post updates into the Slack channel, but still be able to use slash commands to create tasks?

1 Like

You could set up the integration to post to an “Asana” slack channel and still use the /asana commands in other channels. You can see more information on the integration on the Guide here and on the Apps page here.

Hi, is there any way to configure the granularity of what gets posted to a slack channel from a linked Asana project?
It would be nice to be able to broadcast updates to top level tasks, but keep quiet about tiny little sub-tasks.

I would absolutely love a create subtask Slack command. That’s the missing link!

4 Likes

@Sara Hello! My team recently integrated slack and asana and I’m so excited! I love both apps =) As I’m playing around with the functionality, I would really like to assign a task to a project AND a section within that project. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks so much!
Hannah

1 Like