More filtering options to filter Inbox notifications

I totally agree with all the previous comment and suggestions. I would only add a very important feature that drives me crazy: auto update of the “feed/stream”, I go inside a task and when I go back if it happens to update it goes back to the first task! Grrr, if I was like three of four screens down now I have to do it again to go back on the next task
 It’s so annoying.

Easy fix: add a selector on top “manual updates for new tasks”.

1 Like

My turn to provide my suggestions: 1. Add an option to filter the notification items. At a minimum, filter by (1) task with comments (2) added task (3) completed task and (4) changes to recurring tasks such as due dates
2. Move the “archived” button from the bottom to the top. It’s annoying to have to go all the way down just to archive
Hoping to get this features implemented.

Kent

Totally agree that the inbox is completely unmanageable as is, so really only commenting to add more weight. Really only need to be able to quickly find what coworkers have commented/liked, and the notifications about what I have due today are completely unnecessary.

In addition to the need for an “archive all” on the mobile, I also don’t need 10 push notifications telling me what’s due today. A quick “You have 10 items due today” would be fine. Maybe the push notification for a specific task if I assigned a specific due time.

4 Likes

I still don’t understand why Asana’s value proposition is that it kills the inbox. In my experience, it makes it worst.

2 Likes

I agree with this so much. It’s the absolute worst addition to Asana. Either need the ability to decide which posts are in the inbox (mainly disabling the pointless individual posts about due tasks) or ability to filter types of posts in the inbox.

3 Likes

For an “inbox” tab in every project - this suggestion has been made and needs more votes!
==> Create Activity feed to Teams & Projects

Ykes. Just voted. :wink:

A lot of great suggestions here which I totally agree with!

Personally, I would love if I could implement GTD in my Asana Inbox just like like I do with my email inbox or in Asana’s My Tasks. I would like to mark notifications as Urgent/Today, Upcoming/This Week, Back Burner/Later this month. Just so I can keep track of all those tasks that are not mine (but that I need to follow up with or relate to some of my tasks one way or another) instead of archiving them, where I most likely will miss many of them, or leaving them in the Inbox, clogging the system and giving me anxiety. :wink:

Thanks!!

1 Like

“Inbox” is misleading. To me it operates more like a feed of information. And much like Facebook’s feed, I have to assume the alorithm isn’t showing me everything.

I agree with all the comments and suggestions above. I’d like to propose a prompt to update task due dates when commenting, and add the ability to mark work requests as hi-med-low priority.

I do appreciate being able to mark something for follow-up, but there are too many instances where I’ve completely missed a note I was tagged in and had to be re-tagged by someone days later who was asking for status. This makes me look incredibly unprofessional, when really, I’m on top of my game with all of the work that I actually know about.

2 Likes

I need a way to be notified of @mentions. Right now they are hidden in the inbox mess. I don’t need to see every task completed or newly created in every project, but when someone mentions me I definitely need to know about it.

6 Likes

Agree with all. The inbox is unmanageable. I’d like to see tasks with comments to me only

1 Like

This discussion will be one year old in few months, but Asana did not yet announced any plan on this. :frowning:

3 Likes

still many people that want this
 still broken. I foolishly assumed i just didnt know where to turn on settings that would allow me to filter my inbox

2 Likes

Asana did add a hack which we’re finding useful. Be sure to enable the hack “Disable Notifications for Tasks Starting & Due Today” if you haven’t already done so.

1 Like

I don’t really use inbox - it always seemed to be a concession for users who really wanted emails. I rely on my organised task list ie using tab-U to move stuff to upcoming after amending due date.

With the introduction of start / due dates though, I wonder if the inbox could be helpful, eg notify of important tasks on their start date, or due date.

This only has possibilities for me if i can have a default setting for “no notifications” (for most tasks). Otherwise, yep, the inbox is way too cluttered.

I currently manage 120 projects. How can Asana think the inbox can be useful to maintain everything on track? Reading the inbox means for me to continuously switch from a project to another. Not having filters is simply a stupid condition.

3 Likes

I can’t agree more!

1 Like

Another Suggestion is to be able to process the inbox Oldest first without having to scroll/load scroll/load a million times

5 Likes

Agreed. I don’t understand why i would want to see tasks due in my inbox. Isn’t that the whole point of basically all the other Asana features?

1 Like

Couldnt agree more ! Good post!