I was wondering if there was a way to assign the task to a different team member directly from email, rather than having the task created in my task list and having to go in and manually assign it to the team member I want to send it to?
Thanks for the tip, and for taking the time to answer I’m still relatively new around these parts I feel like I might have been unclear. I meant that I wanted to turn an email into a task (using the firstname.lastname@example.org feature) that was assigned to someone else. Is that something that can be done with the chrome extension? I downloaded it and looked quickly at it but I didn’t see that option.
Hi @Kate_L! Welcome to the Community! Glad you’re here and posting. Let’s find you the answer you’re looking for. I think you’ll find what you need in this Asana Guide article. I recommend you take a look at the table, which outlines the email field and corresponding task field.
Let us know if you have follow up questions.
To elaborate a little on the excellent link that @Alexis is showing you. Here is what you would want to do:
- Click the dropdown of the project name and select Add Tasks Via Email, copy the address.
- Go into your email that you want to create a task, using the Forward click of your email system.
- Paste the project address into the To: Field
- Paste the team member email address into the To: Field
- DO NOT PASTE MORE THAN ONE PERSON IN THE TO: FIELD
- Tools like the Asana Extension for Chrome and Sendana were developed to minimize the steps as look-ups are build in.
Thanks so much! This is super helpful