Assigning Tasks Directly to Team Member From Email

I was wondering if there was a way to assign the task to a different team member directly from email, rather than having the task created in my task list and having to go in and manually assign it to the team member I want to send it to?

@Kate_L if you’re using Google Chrome you could use the Asana extension for Chrome! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip, and for taking the time to answer :slight_smile: I’m still relatively new around these parts :slight_smile: I feel like I might have been unclear. I meant that I wanted to turn an email into a task (using the x@asana.mail.com feature) that was assigned to someone else. Is that something that can be done with the chrome extension? I downloaded it and looked quickly at it but I didn’t see that option.

Hi @Kate_L! Welcome to the Community! Glad you’re here and posting. Let’s find you the answer you’re looking for. I think you’ll find what you need in this Asana Guide article. I recommend you take a look at the table, which outlines the email field and corresponding task field.

Let us know if you have follow up questions.

If you are a Microsoft Outlook user you can use www.sendana.net.

To elaborate a little on the excellent link that @Alexis is showing you. Here is what you would want to do:

1. Click the dropdown of the project name and select Add Tasks Via Email, copy the address.
  2. Go into your email that you want to create a task, using the Forward click of your email system.
  3. Paste the project address into the To: Field
  4. Paste the team member email address into the To: Field
  5. DO NOT PASTE MORE THAN ONE PERSON IN THE TO: FIELD
  6. Tools like the Asana Extension for Chrome and Sendana were developed to minimize the steps as look-ups are build in.

Thanks so much! This is super helpful :grinning: