Assigning tasks without inviting members

Hello! I would like to be able to assign tasks to people without inviting them to Asana / create people without having to send out an invite. The reason for this is so that I can keep track of workload. The team is currently not ready for a task management system like this, so I just want to start by having those assignments documented for follow up.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi Tom,
To my knowledge this is not possible, so what I do in this cases I use a tag per person to filter for their tasks, or write the name in front of the task.
Or a combination.
Have a wonderful day

1 Like

Create accounts for your team-mates without using their real addresses. That way you can assign them task but they won’t know. Or use their real email and disable email notifications :wink:

2 Likes

could always just tag the tasks with the member names, so you can at least run searches/reports or sort by tag.

I would recommend a custom field instead, but tags work too for that =)

3 Likes

When you use their actual email, it will send an invitation to them via that email. Is there a way to disable that?

I don’t think so.

Ok, thanks @Bastien_Siebman so the only option for now is to create tags for each task under the assignee’s name.

I’ve created a feature request here for this topic, which still has not been implemented three and a half years later. If this is still of interest to you please consider voting on the topic here:
https://forum.asana.com/t/assign-tasks-without-creating-guest-no-invitation/138587?u=kiefer_mackenzie

1 Like

Custom field is another option.

You suggested “disable email notifications.” How do you do that?

You can go into your profile settings and the notifications tab > Email notifications.