Attach Files to Projects without going through Task

I see. Unfortunately, it’s not currently possible to delete attachments from conversations without deleting the entire conversation. Very sorry about that!

1 Like

Hi - is this still unresolved? Similar situation, attached a file in a conversation that we would like removed. Has ASANA made this available?

1 Like

How can I add a whole file to my task without it uploading every single photo individually? Sometimes I have to add a document that could have 300 pictures in a file. I want to be able to attach the whole file and be able to click on it if I want to see the photos inside.

I am also using drop box to save my files of pictures, but would like to only use asana for uploading huge files. Can I do this?

I’m using Asana as it’s what my company uses, but prior to that I used ClickUp which addresses a lot of the weaknesses of Asana and seems a little more customizable as well. Plus I think it’s just a little more intuitive as well. It has embedded docs and I think an area for project docs but don’t totally recall the details.

This is the biggest failing of Asana, its great to be task-driven but there is no room in Asana for building a body of work and establishing standard documentation related to a project or a client.

Has asana figured this out yet or are we still stuck in the same place? would be bummed if they didn’t build out the digital infrastructure on the back end to handle this request that seems like a major need for a lot of folks.

I think this is a very old request that has since been addressed with the introduction of the Overview tab (several years ago) and particularly the Key resources area where users can attach files and other media.

@Marie , @Emily_Roman , I think this could be moved to :rocket: Features Launched …?

2 Likes