Attaching Google doc via android

I can’t seem to attach a Google doc or sheet to a task via the android app. I’ve allowed sharing in the Google folder and the Google doc, but when I try to add the attachment, the file is grayed out and not clickable. I am able to add the Google sheet via desktop and then edit via the android app. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for reporting! I’m the Community Manager here at Asana. This is a bug we’re aware of.

Could you please help us by telling us what type of device you’re on? Settings -> About phone -> Model number should be enough information. Feel free to send me a private message with this information if you’d prefer not to share it publicly.

In the meantime, a workaround would be to download the file from google drive and then attach it from device storage.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 model SM-G930V.

Thanks

Thanks @NRichie! I’ve forwarded your info to my colleagues on the Android team.

I actually ran into something similar the other week and didn’t think much of it except it was a quirk/limitation of the app, and also that it wouldn’t open drive links in tasks in the drive app, but instead would download them onto the phone.

I have a Nexus 6 on android 7.1.1 =)