Attaching Microsoft Group OneDrive Files

Hey! It appears when I upload from OneDrive, it only allows my personal OneDrive, and not allowing me to pull from my Microsoft Team/Groups OneDrive files.

Is this possible? If so, how?

3 Likes

Hi @Tyler_Allen. You should be able to attach from your group OneDrive files as well, but you’ll need to sign into these accounts first. You can see more information on the steps to set this up here: OneDrive + Asana • Asana Does this help?

Thanks but when I sign in I only see my personal OneDrive info - not my group/Microsoft teams ones that are shared.

1 Like

We have the same problem. Not possible to save into a shared folder on One-Drive.

I see now there has been other comments about this here Any plans for MS OneDrive Integration? ETA?

Is there anyway to fix it @asana?

Hello @Kaitie! Checking to see if there are any progress or plans to make it possible to attach a file from MS Teams to Asana tasks. We are on MS365 and using teams as our collaboration tool and storing documents in SharePoint / teams. Not having the MSTeams / Asana integration is pretty frustrating since the only way to attach the documents now is to paste the document link to asana task, which as you could imagine is not at all user friendly.

4 Likes

@Asana_Premier_Integr @Asana_Administrator What is the status of this integration improvement? Need to be able to see share folders as well as personal files. OneDrive integration is not complete until that is available. If it’s a setting on the MS side then let us know what that is. Please advise!

2 Likes

Hello @Kaitie @Asana_Admin1 ,

Is there any chance we will have a way to attach OneDrive documents from the shared folders to a task? Would you have any idea if this will feature will be added and when?

This issue is a major drawback for our organisation. It basically means we cannot attach the files we are working on to the task or discussion. (Attaching a “static” version would only create problems as many team members are often modifying and updating the documents).