Attachments suddenly won't upload

Suddenly I can’t upload attachments in to any task. I’ve renamed the image file and still no love. Tried a completely different file - still not working. These are varying small PNGs image files (normally screenshots). Neither drag and drop, nor browsing/uploading from my desktop on my computer work either. Problem still occurs after restarting my laptop as well as trying in both Firefox and Chrome. I get a stalled upload at about 5% and then a message saying that there was an error and it wouldn’t upload. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Sorry for the trouble, @Lisa_Kelly. Have you been having any wifi connection problems? Sometimes slow internet can cause issues with attachment uploads.

I would also recommend closing down your browsers and restarting them as well as clearing out your cache.

Please try this out and let us know if the issue is resolved or whether we should investigate further. Thanks!

In my case, mine just started working again. No rhyme or reason to it… Hope that is the case for you too soon - as it’s a REAL pain!

1 Like

@Lisa_Kelly are you still running into trouble? We got a few similar reports over the last few days and we believe the issue was related to Amazon Web Service, but this issue should now be solved. :slight_smile:

As I mention above it just mysteriously started working again. :slight_smile: I don’t use Amazon Web Service though…

1 Like

Oups, I just missed your reply :see_no_evil:Thanks for keeping me posted! :slight_smile:

Hi there,

I just got into a similar problem. I cannot upload attachments from my android phone. It goes to “Pending Sync” then I get a notification for “upload error.”

I’ve tried rebooting my phone and uninstalling/reinstalling the app. No dice!!

I can still upload from my laptop no problem.

Please help!!! I use the app all the time!!

I have the same problem from today.
Can somebody help me?

Hi @David_Hau and @Djordje_Milivojevic. My apologies for the trouble and late follow-up. Can you confirm if this happening with Wifi or Mobile data?

Also how bi!s are the files you were trying to upload? There are limitations around files you can upload, if you file is more than 100MB, you should upload via a third party provider such as Dropbox or Google Drive for example.

You can learn more about these limitations in the following article: Adding comments & attachments to tasks | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Looking forward to your reply!

Hello,
I’m having the same Probleme for about 1 months now.
My pc is connected via ethernet cable and the files are all smaller than 1MB.
I’m using Chrome.

I already tried using a different browser, but there I’ve had different issues.
clearing the cache and restarting PC also didn’t help.

Are any Solutions available by now?

Best,
Philipp

1 Like

HI @Philipp_Crepon and welcome to the Forum,

So sorry for the trouble; can you confirm if you’re able to reproduce the issue with an incgnito window?

I’ve been experiencing this too, probably for about 3 months, with one organisation/workspace that I’m in (premium). My co-worker is also experiencing this in another free workspace.

All our files are PDFs or JPGs and under 50mb.

Can someone confirm why this is happening? Is it due to slow internet speeds, or something in Asana? How can we fix this?

Hi @miss.spiked and thanks for reaching out! Can you confirm if you’re able to reproduce the issue with an incognito window?

Having the same problem. Trying to attach small pictures on my computer. I’m using wifi, but not having any connection issues. I tried attaching the pictures in an incognito window and that didn’t help.

I am having the same problem. The task was created on July 16th, 2018 so that might be part of the problem? There was a two page PDF attached to a task that says “Failed to load PDF”. I have tried using incognito mode but this does not help either.

Hi @Anthony_Lozano and welcome to the Community Forum!

Just to confirm did you try to upload the PDF back on July 16th, 2018 or is just when the task was created?

Also, did you upload the file from your computer? GoogleDrive? Dropbox?

Hi @Marie

I created the task and uploaded on the same day. I saved the PDF to my computer first before dragging and dropping onto the window.

Is there a more reliable way to upload PDF or other attachments? I have a backup copy of the PDF, but my team was hesitant to use Asana after that one incident.

Thanks for the additional information @Anthony_Lozano!

Note that there is a 100MB limit when uploading your attachment to Asana from your computer (Adding comments & attachments to tasks | Product guide • Asana Product Guide) which could explain why your attachment failed; if your attachment are larger, I would highly recommend uploading them using Google Drive, Dropbox or one of these; this way you won’t get stuck with the 100MB limit!

Hope this helps! Let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

Same issue, image is small screenshot. Any fixes??

Hi @Deborah_Blatman and welcome to the Forum! So sorry for the trouble here; could you please provide me with a little bit more info so I can help you?

Is this happening on your web browser?
Can you reproduce with another browser?
Are you able to upload other attachments or are you having issues with one attachment in particular?