Automated Project Deadline Template

template
calendar
deadline

Would Asana allow us to put an entire project on the calendar with one click?
Let’s say we have a project with @20 tasks with 20 deadlines.
If we know the completion date of the project, is there a way to simply
put the project deadline onto the calendar and the program will populate the
calendar with all of the project deadlines?

Put another way: can we create a template for projects that looks like this:
50 days before deadline: buy supplies.
40 days before deadline: put supplies in warehouse.
30 days before deadline: mix all the supplies.
20 days before deadline: apply supplies.
10 days before deadline: begin final application.
DEADLINE: project complete.

Then, can we name the project and pick a deadline date, and
Asana automatically populates the calendar with the appropriate
number of days prior to the deadline.

If Asana cannot do this, does anyone know of a project management software that would do this?

Hi @blake_a! I’ve taken the liberty of moving your post to the product feedback category so you and other users can vote for your suggestion.

@blake_a If this were possible, it would be LIFE CHANGING! I love this suggestion. But I’ll tell you what I currently do to (sort of ) work around this…

Our team often has recurring projects with similar timelines each month. So let’s say I want to plan a 90-day project (Project B) that begins 2/1/18.

I’ve already made a previous project (Project A) (which began 1/1/18) with this same timeline and distribution of dates, but of course it has a different due date than the project I now want to create.

What i do is copy Project A (including all tasks, due dates, and assignees) and rename it Project B. Then select all of the tasks in my new Project B using shift+down arrow or shift+click to select all the tasks.

Then, hold command (on mac) or control (i’m pretty sure) for PC and use the up and down arrows to mass-change dates. This shifts ALL dates at the same time. So, just shift the kickoff date from Jan 1. to Feb 1. and voila, you have an accurate project with the correct distribution of dates!

Hope that made sense!