Automatic migration from Jira to Asana

Hi all,

We would like to know if it is possible to perform an automatic migration of a project already created in Jira (with multiple tasks, status, filters and users) to Asana.

We currently have a Jira license but would be interested in changing the application to share a project with another team (from another organization) in a simpler way.

We are testing with a trial version, but following the instructions on the page (see image below). Figure that it would be possible to add tasks via CSV, which is not possible in the trial version. Is this correct?

Good afternoon. Good afternoon,

We would like to know if it is possible to perform an automatic migration of a project already created in Jira (with multiple tasks, status, filters and users) to Asana.

We currently have a Jira license but would be interested in changing the application to share a project with another team (from another organization) in a simpler way.

We are testing with a trial version, but following the instructions on the page (see image below). It figures that it would be possible to add tasks via CSV, which is not possible in the trial version. Is this correct?

After doing a little research this morning we discovered that there are applications like:

• Unito
  • Ziper
    These applications allow us to synchronize both applications, but more than that we would be interested in a migration of all the tasks to use only Asana instead of Jira, Could you tell us how we can do a test?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

@Marc maybe you can answer! He is the founder of Unito!

Bastien

Hi @Gema_Leiro you can use Unito to keep both systems in parallel and in sync (so as to not force everyone off their favorite tool), do a rolling migration (progressively move over), or a one-time migration. Note however that while we’ll link attachments across, we won’t download and re-upload file attachments between tools (but neither will the CSV import or Zapier).

Also, Zapier is event triggered so isn’t as practical for migrations.

Just try it, there’s a 14 day trial: https://unito.io/sync/asana/jira/

Marc @ Unito

3 Likes

Thank you very much@Marc and @Bastien_Siebman! I’m already testing the trial version and have a call scheduled to explore with one of your experts the features that best suit our particular case.

1 Like

@Marc you are the best :+1:

UNITO save me a lot of time in migration from JIRA to ASANA (I miss JIRA tasks numbered) :frowning:
God bless its developers and u! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Asana Community,

I am trying to find the best way to integrate my team’s Jira and Asana accounts. I found a product called Unito but I don’t know if that is the right product for us. Has anyone used Unito or a similar integration tool that can point me in the right direction?

We have a team of about 7.

Thanks in advance,

Micah D.

Hi @Micah_Deaville and welcome to the Forum!

Unito is probably the best option! If you haven’t checked it out yet, have a look at this article: Jira Cloud + Asana • Asana

We already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to avoid having too many duplicates! I’d recommend taking a look at the replies above, you might find them useful too!

1 Like

It would be good for Asana to update their page because Unito is FAR from being free,as the page suggests.
The price is absolutely a hurdle (there is no non-profit license either, and we are not sure we will commit to this solution as a result), but there are challenges that still need looking at:

• forced to use custom fields (a paid feature) to retrieve SPRINT information.
  • custom field fails to update (said ‘sprint’)
  • tickets closed in Asana (‘Done’) not updating in Asana
2 Likes

Can we go back to the question? how to MIGRATE (not sync) from Jira to Asana. Is there a format that I can export from Jira and then import to Asana with little or no modifications. Without using Unito?

2 Likes

Hi!
The easier way in your case is using a third-party app. Skyvia, the tool developed by me and my team, can help you to load all Jira data to Asana in a few steps (https://skyvia.com/data-integration/integrate-asana-jira). It doesn’t require any coding, all operations can be scheduled.
Skyvia is Asana’s and Jira’s partner and can be found on both their marketplaces.

Hi @Manindra,

We can help with this.
Here is an automated migration service https://project-management.relokia.com/

Hi!
There is an app for Jira to Asana migration - getint.io • Asana.
The app is not only creating tasks/issues - it allows you to migrate subtasks, attachments, custom fields.
In case of any questions - I’m here for you