Block attaching files

We are a Google GSuite customer. We want to use GDrive for file storage and NOT have another document storage location within Asana.

1. Is there a way to block the attachment of files in Asana?
  2. If not, I would request the feature of blocking file attachment and ONLY allowing URL attachment.
    This would be handy at the organization level or Team level

Hi @Dan_Smart! As long as your attachments are uploaded from Google Drive, they are not physically stored in Asana. The attachment in Asana is only a link to your document in Google Drive!

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I agree with this for Google Doc attachment, but I would like to prevent direct attachment of files outside of Google Docs. I don’t want another repository of documents outside of GDrive.

1 Like

Any news about this topic? we have the same need.

Has anything happened on this? The ability to do this is a stumbling block for our implementation.

1 Like

We’d like only Google Doc links, no actual files.

Agreed, I don’t want files anywhere but G Drive. Blocking other sources EXCEPT Google Drive would be amazing.

Hi all, we have recently launched the ability to disable file attachments! :slight_smile: Please find more details in this article:

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 18 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.