Boards Request: varying column width or double columns

We have a few columns on our board: Ready, In Progress, Done. It would be nice if the boards mimicked real bulletin boards a bit more in the following way: On a bulletin board, I would not put all of my post-it notes in one vertical column under ‘Ready’. They would probably spread out a little wider to 2 or 3 ‘columns’ worth of area. Same with the ‘Done’ column as the week goes by. It is cumbersome to have to scroll down vertically through 30-90 tasks in a single Asana board column. I found on Chrome, I can hold down Ctrl while scrolling with my Middle Mouse Button to zoom out, but this is still not enough to see the extents of the single columns without vertical scrolling. It would be nice if Asana itself could zoom in and out of the boards or maybe rearrange the columns into overflow columns to make better use of the horizontal space on the screen. Or maybe if there were another view that were simply “Bulletin Board Overview” that could abbreviate the first 16 characters of each task and show them all on sticky notes on a board. That could be cute and great visual feedback to help us see how much we have accomplished and how much there is left to do. We love Asana, keep up the great work on improving it!

8 Likes

Actually have the opposite problem: would like to make some columns more narrow. VersionOne and others have this. Would be nice to have it here.

11 Likes

It would be helpful to be able to adjust the widths of columns. Either shrinking them all into view or to make one wide, the next narrow, etc.

12 Likes

This would be a very useful feature, Sometimes I need to be able to see 6 columns on my screen, other times 3 makes more sense.

6 Likes

Agreed! I would like the equivalent of the functionality provided by the Slim Lists For Trello chrome extension, which makes more lists fit on the screen.

1 Like

Custom width of board columns, similar to what has been done with lists is sorely lacking. It is a severe hindrance to usability that I can’t shrink the width of board columns, its maddening.

1 Like

Manually change width of board columns yes please.

As a minimum, enable auto-width to fit all columns/sections in the current view window, as is standard in JIRA.

2 Likes

This thread is SEVEN years old. Regardless of the upvotes, please either close this or make the change finally!

5 Likes

Would LOVE custom width of columns AND ALSO custom height of task-entries. Make it so that we can see as much or as little of the whole board as we’d like without having to endlessly scroll vertically or horizontally.

1 Like

Yes please!

Hi,
I found that the width of the sections are too big, would need to be an ability to resize, as now if I i add some more sections it get spreaded too far and need to move the window one side to the other side, I would like to see more sections in the currently open window

1 Like