Calendar View - Drag and drop unscheduled tasks

When viewing the calendar, it would be great to have a sortable pop-out list of all the unscheduled tasks, so that you can drag and drop them into the calendar to schedule them in.

3 Likes

Hi,

We’re a small events company who also run a lifestyle website, social media accounts and newsletter communications.

Amongst other things we use Asana to plan in what content goes into our comms when, including sponsored content. I input communication requirements as sponsorship deals are contracted, our content manager then plans in when is the best time for the content to go out.

Our content manager almost exclusively uses asana in calendar view so we’re struggling with the fact that unscheduled tasks aren’t visible in this view. It would be incredibly useful to have the unscheduled tasks panel that features at the bottom of timeline view on calendar view so we can see the content that needs scheduling when viewing what is already scheduled and drop things in where there is space.

Not have this function means currently we’re having to pick up the fact these pieces need scheduling outside of asana which is undermining the usefulness of the software and impacting on adoption.

Thanks

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum @Samantha_Benton and thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback with us!

I completely understand how having an unscheduled tasks pane on calendar view would be very helpful for your and your team. Hopefully this is something we can implement in the future!:crossed_fingers:t3:

We already have a thread on the Forum requesting this feature so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this main thread to consolidate feedback and votes. I hope it’s OK

Thanks for your response Natalia, yes I did see that post but wanted to provide my details around my specific requirements, happy you’ve merged them together. Really hope this is something that can be looked at. Just out of interest do you inform threads if a feedback requests is going to be implemented?

Hi @Samantha_Benton :wave: Yes, we do. As soon as I have more information about this topic, I’ll make sure to loop you in!

You can also have a look on our Release Notes to check all features recently implemented by Asana.

Have a great Wednesday! :smiley:

Is there any news as to whether this is still on the Asana roadmap somewhere? We’d really love this feature as well!

Dear Asana developers,
Have you managed to build this funcionality into Asana? I mean possibility to drag and drop items from task list directly into calendar?

I would also love to see this implemented. I run a sign shop and do all our install scheduling. Its such a pain to have to switch back to list or board mode to see the unscheduled tasks, put a date on them, and then go back to calendar to make sure there are no conflicts.

A pop-out pane similar to timeline view for unscheduled tasks would be so nice on calendar view.

1 Like

By now this does exist, unfortunately only for weekly view in calendar. I would find the same helpful for monthly view.

Would also love to see this popout just like the timeline view has on the calendar view.