Can I use batch method on python client for asana?

How can I use batch method on python client?

If the library has not been updated recently, you won’t have access to the feature. You might need to look at the documentation yourself. In the Node source code there is a wrapper you can use to cover any un-coded feature with the right parameters. I don’t know if that exist in the python library.

Bastien
Asana consultant, author and developer

Apologies for bumping an old thread but @Bastien_Siebman, could you show how to use Batch API on Node Client? I was looking to make separate API calls utilizing something like Axios but it would be great to make Batch API work within the Node Client functionality.

Here some of my code to use an unsupported endpoint, like dealing with sections. Hope that helps.

this.client = Asana.Client.create([...]);

this.client.dispatcher.post(`/projects/${project.id}/sections`, payload)
            .then((section: any) => {
                [...]
            }, (err: RequestError) => {
                [...]
            });

1 Like

Thank you! client.dispatcher worked like a charm to create Batch API wrapper. Now I am on to the code to solve pagination process!

That is wonderful news!

Step 1: Create the batch file

To create the batch file, save the Notepad as Matrix.bat

Don’t forget to put the file extension of .bat when saving your file:

Step 2: Write the Python code
Here is the code structure that you can use to run a batch file from Python:

For our example:

The path where I stored the batch file is: C:\Users\Ron\Desktop\Run Batch
The name of the batch file is: Matrix.bat

Step 3: Run the Python code
Finally, run the Python code, and you’ll get The Matrix effect:

Create a GUI that can start the batch file
How about creating a simple Python GUI that can run the batch using a button click?

You can certainly do that using the code below. As before, you’ll need to modify the Python code to reflect the path where the batch file is stored on your computer.

Run the Python code, and you’ll see this GUI:
I am fresher in Python so I share here whatever I know, for more about my course online to CETPA INFOTECH.

To use the batch method in Python client, you can utilize the batch method of the client’s instance. This method allows you to send multiple write operations in a single API call depending on your programming skills, which can improve performance and reduce the number of round-trip requests to the server.

Here’s an example of using the batch method in a Python client for Firestore:

pythonCopy code

from google.cloud import firestore

db = firestore.Client()
batch = db.batch()

# Add multiple write operations to the batch
batch.set(db.collection('collection_name').document('document_id_1'), {'field': 'value'})
batch.set(db.collection('collection_name').document('document_id_2'), {'field': 'value'})

# Commit the batch of write operations
batch.commit()

Note that the batch method may have limitations, such as maximum size and number of operations, so be sure to check the documentation for your specific Python client to understand its limitations.

1 Like