Chat tool for teams

Will there be any chat feature in the near future to discuss with your teammates very easily. I would love to have a feature, like google hangout, where you can easy chat with your teammates on short notice to discuss certain topics, which needed to be done quickly or the set up a short group chat. I know there are app integrations, but I don’t think these are very user-friendly.

Feature Request: Chat
Messagerie instantanée dans Asana?
Team chat function
Team chat function

Do you mean aside from conversations? I feel like while they’re not as instant/quick as like…Slack, they’re still pretty darn fast. I don’t see Asana wading into the chat sphere, but I could be wrong.

We just use Slack for it (and hoping for the asana integration to get rolling on more advanced things! ;DD)

The combo Asana-Slack might be the best indeed, Slack teams are using Asana themselves if my informations are correct!

Thanks for the feedback. I still think its very annyoing using the slack integration. But indeed, it is still faster than conversations. But I would be very pleased, because I don’t know why Asana doesnt want to step into the chat sphere. It would totally make sense and would make your work faster as well.

I imagine the feature would cost a hell of a lot!

With AIM being shutdown at the end of 2017, my team is looking for a platform to easily text chat across the warehouse. We used AIM on a daily basis, but we also have Asana open at all times. I saw some other people request the same thing, but I think it would be a good time to implement this.

@Ken_Gronemann just merged your feedback as we already a post on this topic! :slight_smile:

An instant messenger feature would be very nice for communicating without generating clutter like comments do.

There should be a Team chat function if you are looking to have discussions over a certain project. Yes we could use Slack or other apps, but it would be a lot easier to keep everything in one app.

Hi @Egil_Arntzen! Are you already using project conversations? https://asana.com/guide/help/conversations/project-conversations