Collapse/Summary feature for sections

I suggest to collapse the header into the topbar. The current collapse function only saves a little space and you could double that.

1 Like

It could be great if you’re able to collapse groups of tasks for a cleaner experience.
Everything under a “:” is grouped.
Same thing you do with Teams.

3 Likes

I was just discussing this with one of my teammates. Each of our projects has dozens of sections, with perhaps dozens of tasks within each section. The ability to collapse the tasks (and sections) would really help clean up the view from a project manager’s standpoint. We’d really love to see that feature!

4 Likes

Another idea that could be useful for projects with dozens of sections is being able to fullscreen a given section.
So that way one could focus on a specific section without distraction.

2 Likes

@Alexis - Would you be willing to comment on this highly requested feature? Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @James_Leo! I appreciate your concern here. I’m unable to provide updates on specific feature requests. I recommend you visit this thread for details on how we build our product roadmap - **Read me first** How you can give feedback and what we do next

Also commenting as this feature is a must for us. We have a project with about 600 tasks, we need the reporting features and other external features that come with keeping all these tasks in a single project so collapsable section headers would make a big difference.

1 Like

Given the restriction of Timeline only being able to be linked to a single project I am being forced to manage my entire organisation within a single project when it would probably be more ideally split into functional divisions. Therefore a section collapse feature would be highly desirable :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Gina_Wilson lol. “Summarize”. Thanks so much client. I feel for you.

Yes PLEASE!!! I’m the sort the with disorganized mind It’s very distracting when you have an endless list of tasks, broken into sections and have to look at all of them. Really hard to focus. Please asana. This is one thing that made WRIKE superior. I didn’t go with them because they have their pricing is unreasonable. I absolutely need this. I don’t know why it’s not standard in every section, since it’s possible in the “My Task” View

2 Likes

Please! This was one of my first wishes for Asana! List view is so powerful, this would only up the ante!

Sections would be sooooo helpful. Please implement

1 Like

Indeed that would be good! I am pretty sure it has been asked already, someone from the moderation team will merge the threads.

Bastien
Asana Certified Pro, consultant, author and developer

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Erik_Bower; I’ve gone ahead and merged it with “Collapse/Summary feature for sections” to gather all feedback on one thread. Feel free to add your vote to “Collapse/Summary feature for sections”.

the Sections are a great feature and can be even better if we were able to collapse the tasks underneath these headers

2 Likes

Rashad - I think this is a terrific idea and have suggested it multiple times to the development team. Hopefully more users will see the benefits and vote for this suggestion on the forum. It would make large projects much more manageable.

7 Likes

Wouldn’t it be nice if when we create Section Headers it make the tasks / sub-tasks listed under them collapsible.

5 Likes

So it is not collapsible now yet??I was searching for it.
I thought it is a no-brainer to do it that way. I hope the good and responsive people in Asana hear us!

We need a collapsible Section!!! Thank you!

2 Likes

This is a great idea! I’m going to tag @Alexis to get help get the word out!

That would make a huge difference in product usability indeed.