Colors for columns and ability to bold or change color of text in titles of column and tasks

Thanks flagging this and collecting all the duplicate threads @LEGGO! :pray: Iā€™ve merged all the threads with Colors for columns and ability to bold or change color of text in titles of column and tasks - #21 by LEGGO as this thread had more votes! All other votes were also added to the main request! Thanks again!

1 Like

Hello every user ; I try my best create kanban .but I can not set difference color about each card . I would like urgent is red , done is green and so on ā€¦ I know it 's impossible until now . I donā€™t like kanban is totally white . I can not distinguish which is first important 怂it is possible in future ?
@Customer_Support,@Marie

Hi @Frank_wu! I see what you mean; custom fields are a great way to highlight what is important to you but theyā€™re not available at the column level.
I canā€™t promise if or when weā€™ll be able to implement the color code youā€™re describing, but the #productfeedback category is the best place to attract our Product Manager attention :slight_smile:

Thanks . Anyway I think the difference background color will let ansan more professional about kanban .

I would like the ability to change a boardā€™s background color (or header color). I realize that I can set a boardā€™s/projectā€™s highlight color, but that just changes the font color of the project name. Since I manage boards involving different clients, I need a way to better distinguish boards. Thanks!

Iā€™d like to bump this feature request up the list. The current white on light grey makes the column headings nearly invisible. Iā€™d like to introduce this to my team and this is not a very good impression to make if we want to share the Asana love :slight_smile:

Agree. Almost illegible

Wouldnā€™t it be useful to be able to color individual tiles without adding additional tags and changing your board around? Iā€™ve suggested it a bunch of times. Seems like it would be really helpful to identify important tasks for whatever reason. This is the kind of flexibility that I need anyway.

2 Likes

Hi @Perry_Cipolloni, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! and thanks for sharing your feedback.

As it stands, itā€™s currently only possible to add color to the cards in boards using custom fields or tags. We already have a request on this topic so Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to centralize feedback. Iā€™ll post an update as soon as we have plans to launch a similar feature!

Thanks Emily,
I am a Web Developer and User Experience Designer. This simple feature is as straightforward as a few lines of CSS code. I know that the requests for this have been around for years now. I hope they get around to doing it as it is much easier and more readable than tags as they are currently implemented.

Best,
Perry

10 Likes

Hi @Joanna_McNeilly. Any chance you could add ā€˜change colour of the tileā€™ to your title? Requests by others to have a full coloured tile (based on custom field etc) have been merged into your request by Asana, but currently your description doesnā€™t highlight this at all.

1 Like

@Tim_Jasper I would be happy to make the change - I canā€™t figure out how to edit the title. Is that something I have to do on the computer perhaps?

1 Like

Hi @Joanna_McNeilly . Youā€™d have to be logged into your original forum account. Not sure if the device will make a difference.

+1 for changing the background color of sections/columns in board view.

2 Likes

Just want to point out that NOT enabling colors on these boards disables those who rely on colors to help organize such as those with ADHD.

3 Likes

it is time to intriduce this change as this is a very bad board if color coding Kanban tasks is not an option

5 years of requests for this feature to improve the Board view.
So easy to make it so much better. Please!!!

2 Likes

Is there a way to change the Background of Asana while in a project Board View? Am I missing it or is it just not possible?

1 Like

@Nick_Harder,

It may be possible to change the background for Board (and some, but not all views) with top-righg profile image > My Settings > Display. I think it may be deprecated and not available to some anymore so if itā€™s not on that tab, then you wonā€™t be able to.

Larry

Thank you!! That was still an option. Itā€™s not custom but I was able to find at least a better option. Thanks!

-Nick Harder

2 Likes