Comments tree (threaded comments), please (NFR)

Hello,

It would be great if we can post an answer for a specified comment. And it will be presented for us like a comments tree, as shown in the picture attached:

It will be much more great if we can see an unreaded comments for asana’s tasks or initial comments (counter, color, etc)…

6 Likes

Yes! This would be awsome! Some tasks are har hard to get an overview when many poeple are commenting… Threads would also make it possible to respond to a comment with emoji…

1 Like

YES. When you’re looking at 50+ comments on a single task, it would be so helpful to be able to reply to a single comment without it getting lost in the fray.

2 Likes

I definitely need this to be able to have discussion about more than one aspect of the task.

1 Like

Another vote for this feature

I really like how Discourse (creator of this forum) handles replies. I want to request the same within task comments. Simple UI allowing you to be sure to which comment a reply is to.

1 Like

agreed +1

Can you please provide a feature where team members can reply to a comment. Just like someone would provide a reply to a comment posted on a forum like this.

Thanks

1 Like

in task chats its often confusing when u respond to a comment further up in the thread - a simole „reply“ function on a comment level in the chats solves that. whatsapp has introduced this and usage is heavy

Hi @mb1 and welcome to the Community Forum!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this main thread to consolidate feedback on this topic!

thanks Marie !
any update on that feature ? coming soon ?

Not at the moment @mb1 and I don’t believe it is in our near term plans, but I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update on my end!

Could sub comments be implemented in a similar fashion to how subtasks work for tasks? At times, I need to respond to one person directly in a conversation, but at the same time need to assign the entire task with a comment for context and directions to another person.

Welcome to the Forum @Josh15 and thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us!

We already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this main thread to consolidate feedback on this topic! I hope it’s OK

Where is that thread, @Natalia? I’d like to vote on this as well. Thank you for your time!

Hi @Melanie_McGaughey! Apologies for the late reply!

Sorry for the confusion here. I have merged your post into the thread I’ve mentioned so we are now commenting in the main thread. As you have already voted in your first post, and when merging threads votes carry over, your vote is already counted in this thread :smiley:

I hope this helps clarify! Please, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Have a great Tuesday Melanie!:wave:

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification, Natalia! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think a threaded comment feature is definitely useful. Not sure how other users are overcoming this limitation atm? Is there a workaround to it?

1 Like

I noticed multiple threads on this topic - any plans to implement threaded replies anytime soon?

3 Likes

As you probably are, my team is teleworking for the next month! We absolutely love Asana and know that we would be absolutely crazy without it. This whole work from home has brought a lot of pressure on using Asana even more than we do when we are in the office. A suggestion that I have that could make our experience better is in-task threads. For example, if a co-worker comments in a task and I need to reply to him/her, it would be an awesome feature to be able to start a thread just on that specific comment to help keep the task clean and easy to reference. Cheers to COVID-19 teleworking!

2 Likes