Comparing Asana Timeline to Instagantt?

I’ve been using Instagantt with Asana and it’s been working well for me. I think Instagantt is easy to use and has a nice balance between “full power” PM tools and ease of use. I’m not a Premium user and curious how the new Timeline feature compares. Anyone using Timeline who can share comparison? Thanks.

There has been some discussion on this thread:

Hi,

One of the things that makes setting up projects so easy is Instagantt’s feature to duplicate a project based on a start date you set, so you get Instagantt to duplicate the project “master template” but start it on a specific date. I have been unable to do the same with timelines - if I’m missing a trick, please let me know.

Thanks,

Leila,

ps. the arrows are not clear also!

1 Like

I think it depends on what you use Instagantt for. I’ve just recently taken the plunge with Asana premium and am using timelines. They are a great way to manage projects and the other features of premium like custom fields make it very useful. If all you want it for is a better, more organised way of managing projects the it’s great. As a replacement for Instagantt (i.e. a tool to generate proper Gantt charts) it’s a poor substitute. No baselining, no critical paths, there isn’t even a way to export it as a chart to use elsewhere (unless you count taking a screen capture)…