Completed tasks just fading instead of disappearing

Thanks! I felt dumb for not seeing this before but appreciate the help!

Please give the option to hide completed subtasks… pleeease…

2 Likes

Agreed option to filter the sub-tasks list would be beneficial so that the long list can be minimalised.

i/e.

View Incomplete Only
View Completed Only

This helps to bring the comments section up as well which gets lost under the sub-task list.

2 Likes

Even though “Show Only Incomplete Tasks” works on the project task list View, completed Tasks still show up in the Timeline and Calendar views. How do I stop completed Tasks from showing on these views?

3 Likes

Hi there, I have just moved our whole team to use Asana (they’ve been trying the website for almost a month) and now I have just found out how annoying it is to see uncompleted subtasks all over. This is not practical at all as well as the apps on iOS look so different from the website it is almost not worth it having it.

I actually liked the idea that tasks where just fading in My Tasks. I had it for years but yesterday it went away. Any idea on how I can get it back.

Again, this is not in project or search. I am referring to when you click on My Tasks at the left tab.

Thank you.

Moris R.

Hi @Moris_Rabiean, simply set your My Tasks view to “All tasks” and you should be able to see your (faded) Completed tasks again! More info in this handy article: How to use Asana, Asana tutorials, onboarding tips, and team use cases | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Hello, I’m having this same issue:

I click “Mark Complete,” the tasks changes to “Completed,” but doesn’t disappear.

I did verify that the “Incomplete Tasks” view was selected.

This is problematic because the incomplete tasks get buried / lost in the shuffle.

Thoughts / recommendations?

Hi @Nikhil_Torsekar and welcome to the Forum!

So sorry for the trouble here! Could you please share a screenshot of the task details as well as the URL of the task?

Many thanks!

Hi, the problem for me is that i can’t save for everyone after i choice the right option.
it seems that the setting are changed.

Hi @Dino and welcome to the Forum :wave:t3:

So sorry for the trouble here; could you please confirm what steps you follow and maybe give us some screenshot (just make sure to block out any private info they might contain) to help us understand what is happening here?

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi Marie,
thanks for your reply.
As you can see at the page: Using Asana List Layout | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide, in the " Sort and filter your tasks" it explain that you can change views and sort in different way. After that you can save for all and the setting will stay in place and will not reset one you come back in the project.
Well, I believe that part is changed as is not available anymore as it’s explain in your guide.
Screenshot in attachment.!
asana|690x135

I found one way to save but i don’t know if it is the right one. after i made the modification i save the layout as default.