Connection to Asana under proxy

Hi,
I am using Asana for my industry but in one location I need a proxy configuration to use internet. Asana connects but is not working really, I get a page with grey boxes.

1 Like

I am getting the same when connected to our corporate VPN.
The asana web application works fine otherwise.

1 Like

I too am having issue loading the ASANA page while connected to transparent proxy server like Squid. It does not load completely and a message on top of the page shows “Trying to connect. Changes will be synced once your connection is restored.”

It’s working fine on a router without a proxy but I was hoping this could work behind a proxy because there are useful proxy functions like website filtering that is very useful.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same problem here. We have a Squid Proxy on our local network, and even allowing the asana.com domain on our proxy, the page load with grey boxes.

I need all the URL addresses to add to my allow rule.

1 Like

Can confirm the issue. If you check https://connectivity-test.asana.com/ the websocket has an issues with squid proxy. Currently setting up an Squid Proxy (version 5.7) on new opnsense firewall. Same on older squids versions apparently.

Also test adding it to the Acl whitelist. No change.

If I remember correctly this wasn’t an issue in early February. Anny clue on squids and websockets?

Is there any work being done to fix this? Still cant use the desktop app behind corporate proxy.

1 Like

I believe that the response is still lacking.

Pretty disheartening running into an issue and finding it’s existed for over 5 years with zero word from Asana.

I’d like to work on a public coworking network. Asana is preventing me from safeguarding myself with a VPN.

@Asana_Support is there any way we can get your thoughts on this?