Content calendar with boards - how to use templates across columns?

Hello! Looking for some help getting started creating my new content calendar using boards. Anyone out there want to walk/talk me through templates and board column suggestions? Many thanks!

1 Like

HI @Alyssa_Walker- You can see an examples of a Board Content Calendar on the Guide here that shows the use of a board with columns for “Content Ideas”, “Drafting”, “In Review”, and “Completed”

You can also see an example of how New Relic manages creative content requests in a board inthe webinar @Alexis ran with them here. Hope this can get you started on ideas.

3 Likes

Thank you, @Kaitie ! I will take a look at the guide and the webinar. This is super helpful!

1 Like

Hi Kaitie, I read and watched everything and understand it all conceptually. I need help pulling this together, especially with creating dependent tasks within the board. I want to be able to move a task from one column to the other without having to assign to the same people in each column every time. How do I do that? Many thanks, Alyssa

Hi Alyssa - we’ll be happy to help! I’m a bit unclear on your question. Are you suggesting that a different person owns each column? And you want the same person to own whatever tasks are in their assigned column?

If you’d like to something “every time” you complete a workflow, then I recommend that you use templates. When you copy a template, you can select to have the task assignee copied, as well. Learn more here:

1 Like

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for your email.

I figured it out. I’m not sure why I couldn’t wrap my head around templates in board view, but I’m there now.

Thank you for reaching out!

Alyssa

1 Like