Controls In a task to do somewhat workflow

Hi, I’m considering to do some kind of workflow based on Asana, for example:

I can create a task from api called “Call client to ask for new request” and de ansewer could be Yes // no // call later. If you choose yes, the our client side will create additional task belong first one.

So I need to put a button with embed http call to my server with some data like task ID, etc.

Any functionality any workaround.?

1 Like

Maybe have a look at Zapier and see how you can create this yourself…

Bastien
Asana consultant, author and developer

You could also set this up using the API, and you can see documentation on getting the task IDs and other actions you can take through the API here: Asana Developers - API, Documentation & Community Support • Asana

I think that I’ve misexplained.
What I want Is to embed a button or a kind of control inside a task or conversation. I have no problem with the API
Example. Suppose that one task could have two results, good or bad. I want to put inside the task two buttons with “good” and “bad” and when the user press good I will generate some new tasks and will mark the current task as done.
To do that I have to inject a kind of code en in the task “note” or links or something that I don’t know and that is what I’m asking.

Thanks.

Hey. Its possible if you create a browser extension (ie chrome) that will appear that buttons on the Asana UI. Behind of these a web service using the API will manage the flow you want.

1 Like

Thanks Diakoptis, It looks like it is the hardest way, I’ve few things in chrome, but that looks difficult and I think that every change over asana web could break it.

I would prefer some original Asana’s solution, but I suppose that it doesn’t exists.

1 Like

@Manuel_Quinteiro not really, I agree with @Diakoptis on his idea :wink: