Cookie issue while logging into Harvest through Asana

One of our members is having trouble using the Harvest time tracking integration. When they click the clock, the Harvest iframe modal appears with a red alert that reads " **Please make sure that third-party cookies are permitted or that harvestapp.com and platform.harvestapp.com appear in your whitelist. **"

• They’ve already enabled the Harvest integration within their User > Apps settings.
  • They’ve tried clearing the cache and cookies in both Harvest and Asana
  • They’ve tested this being already logged into Harvest and again while logged out
  • This user is a member of a paid Harvest account
  • This only happens on Chrome, not Firefox
  • The user has no Chrome extensions installed that may be interfering with cookies

Am I right in assuming there’s no Asana integration with a specific Harvest account, and that it’s instead dependent on which Harvest account the user chooses to log into and log time against?

Hi @Jonny_MacEachern! Thanks for reaching out. I’ve contacted an integrations pro on our team and hope to have more information for you soon.

Fixed.

Chrome Settings > Advanced > Content settings > Cookies > Disabled “Block third-party cookies”

1 Like

I have the same problem here with the exact same conditions listed in Jonny’s original post, except that “Block third-party cookies” is already disabled.

This happened after I had switched to a new Mac running macOS 10.14.1. I’m using Google Chrome v70.0.3538.102.

In the Network console, I can see this request:

https://cache.harvestapp.com/assets/error_tracking-5ec86a33abe4cfd93b79af0afa37de0abe68e58ca02e936d70511054633a5df8.js

Never mind, I figured it out. I had to disable the Ghostery extension while using Asana.

Hey Guys,
I get some guidelines on how to Enable Cookies on Chrome. it will give you a clear view of how you can easily enable cookies and access the web page without facing any logging problem. please click here

I have been facing the same error. I don’t know why this problem has occurred. When I logging into harvest through asana there is some cookie issue like cookie too large. I also need to fix it.

Hey all! I found the issue if anyone started experiencing this recently!

Chrome version 79 (beta channel) is testing a new Cookie format. You can override it by going to chrome://flags in the browser and disabling the SameSite by default cookies option.

It seems that with new versions of Chrome, websites need to specify a SameSite attribute for how to handle cookies. It actually needs to specify SameSite=None in order to enable third-party usage.

It seems that something major is coming in the next version of Chrome OS though:
https://www.chromium.org/updates/same-site

1 Like

I’m now having the same issue since upgrading to Safari 14.0 for Mac. Any ideas? I’ve gone through the obvious options. Many thanks.

4 Likes

Reporting a similar issue.
Safari v14.0 on Mac OS 10.15.6.

1 Like

@Todd_Davies I am having the same issue, any luck yet?

1 Like

Same issue here. Using Safari and I can’t use time registration in Harvest through Asana. Have to keep using google chrome and I’d prefer Safari. Is there any news on resolving this?

Thank you!

Nora

6 Likes

Seems to have come back on Safari 15. Looks like the only solution is to allow all cross tracking - not ideal. Anyone?

Quick reply for anyone using Chrome / Brave - I was able to fix this issue by adding “app.asana.com” to setting “sites that can always use cookies”, ticking the box for “Including third party cookies on this site”.

Fixed for me without having to enable global cross site tracking.

I am having this same issue with the asana app for mac, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to allow those settings there. Can anyone help with that?

2 Likes

I seem to also be having the same cookie issue as described in this thread, specifically as of the new update yesterday, and only while using the Asana App for Mac (works fine separately in Chrome still)

6 Likes

Same for me! Just happened with the new Asana desktop app update (Mac).

3 Likes

Same issue here on desktop app after update. was working fine before that.

2 Likes

Same issue. Desktop app for mac after update.

2 Likes