Creating a team via Asana iOS app

I’d attempted to find a feature in app, read the guide and whatever I could find on the Internet, but stil, hadn’t found the way to create a team in Asana iOS app (for iPad). Is there any? If not, is there is reason other then missing feature?

Hi @Myroslav_Opyr! At the moment, Teams can only be created from a computer. We are still working on improving our mobile apps and this is definitely something we could introduce in the future, but for the time being, I would recommend to create your Teams directly from our web platform. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it!

2 Likes

Any update on creating teams from the ios app?

2 Likes

Please vote for the fetature, if you do not vote, there is little chance it’ll be implemented sooner. Voting is influencing backlog prioritization.

2 Likes

Hi @Sean_Blanford! I don’t have any update at the moment, but I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I do!

1 Like

I’d like to see this on iOS phone. I do most of my management from my phone, so not having this feels crippling. I have to create a task for myself to remember to create the team later when I’m at a computer.

1 Like

It is ridiculous that one cannot create a team using iOS. Is the Asana back end really this weak and underdeveloped?

1 Like

I might have found a way to do that even though its time taking and crude.

In iOS, open asana on safari and select ‘request desktop site’ from the button which we use to share things on ios. There the desktop version of asana open. Using this we can create new teams the way we want to.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your workaround @Viral_Parmar :+1:t3:

1 Like

@Viral_Parmar Thank you for that workaround, it worked perfect in Chrome as well.

1 Like

I keep getting forced back to the app, please help!

Hi. I’m new to Asana. Noticed this lacuna right away. I’ll try other project managers. Please add function to app.

2 Likes

Any updates on this? Seems like a simple function that has been overlooked for years. In today’s environment we should be able to do everything on the go from the app.

2 Likes

At The very least, allow us to access the desktop site from the mobile browser.

1 Like

Please add this function to the app asap. It’s makes it nearly half unusable if we’re working mobile & at a rapid pace

2 Likes

where does one vote?

Thank you!

Any idea how to make this work in Chrome on iPhone and iPad as well? :slight_smile: Or is this limited to Safari?

How/where can we vote?

1 Like

@Marie any update on this? I had this issue today, googled my problem and found this post from over 5 years ago.

No update at the moment, but I’ll circle back on this thread once I know more!