CSV importer: import tags

I tried to add my own column/header named “Status” in the CSV importer-file, I then added the tag name under each row as usual. And it worked, so all my imported tasks is now tagged.

Update: Regarding the column named “Status”. I have re-namned “Tags”, so name the column after your Field title. :slight_smile: :partying_face:

field-title-status-tags

In my understanding, Dingan talks about “Custom Fields” and not “Tags”. “Custom Fields” (drop-down, text, numbers, …) can be imported, “Tags” can still not be imported as far as I know (my last test is some weeks old).

Is there any update whether this has made it to the road map? This would be really useful.

Thanks

3 Likes

True, I mixed them up… :slightly_frowning_face:

When testing, you can add custom tags, se screen shot, but they do not work as wanted like colours etc. Hope Asana will roll out a update for this…

Skärmavbild 2020-10-28 kl. 10.55.14

Hi Natalia
Any chance this is going anywhere?
Rod

1 Like

any movement on this? importing Tags is super useful

2 Likes

Hi Natalia

Any update on this feature request? Importing tags is a much needed functionality as we are regularly importing our project tasks from a CSV file.

Regards,

Kasper

any update on this?

1 Like

I just created an entire CSV document with 50 rows of tasks, and a column labeled tags with up-to 8 separate tags separated by a comma. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered the tags were not imported correctly (they were listed as one tag, not separated individually). Given I can export projects with the tag column and see them individually, I would have assumed it would work in the other direction by uploading. It would be great to get an update on this, but until then, +1 from me.

3 Likes

+1! Currently importing 60 tasks x 5 subtasks each, and dealing with 30+ tags…

My workaround for now:

1. For each “TAG” value in my spreadsheet, add a corresponding “$TAG” value in the Description column
  2. Import
  3. Search all tasks with “$TAG” in their description, and assign the corresponding TAG in Asana.

Hope this helps others!

7 Likes

@Emily_Roman or @Marie have you been able to carry this torch?

1 Like

Hey @LEGGO,

I don’t have a timeline for the next CSV importer update, but I’ve pinged the task Natalia had filed to make sure this request is taken on board for the next round of updates!

1 Like

This is a different topic. it was merged here without considering that the original top is about importing tags with CSV import, and this question is about importing a list of tags to be used in asana.

OMG, two years for a simple dev task to add tags. losing hope this forum is useful

1 Like

If i am reading this topic correctly, it looks like a large amount of users have been asking for this for more than 2 years…is that right? is there any data showing the Asana Dev’s team effectiveness of adding user requested features? hopefully this is an outlier.

1 Like

For real, this is just disappointing that they can’t get this done or prioritize it. Seems simple enough. Our team would greatly benefit from this functionality.

+1 for this functionality.

This would be amazing!! Please! Please! Please!

I thought for sure if the tag was already created in the workspace that it would tag the tasks when imported

I use tags to help cover the gaps in functionality with asana. Finally at the point I’m importing projects as they begin, and was very disappointed to find this isn’t an option. It’s super unfortunate this has been an undelivered request for over 3 years.

4 Likes

Hi @Marie, I am picking up this thread again and wondering if this functionality is being worked out? Really hoping so! Thanks!