CSV To Asana Simple List Generator- My Gift To Community

I would ask Asana if it is realistic to hope that the CSV Export file is going to be addressed someday. I have seen suggestions often to use the API file but this Advanced Search and CSV export is the non-developer solution to external hard copy reporting and I would estimate this represents a vast amount of the community. The CSV file needs these fixes:

1. Subtasks should always have a parent and a project to create a meaningful report even if the Parent does not meet the requirements of the search as it gives context.

2. Subtasks need a Project, at least the project of their Parent Task. This has been brought up many times and creates many reporting problems whether to a CSV file export or to the Screen.

3. Sections cannot be in the same column as tasks. Every Task and Subtask that falls under a Section has to show the section in the CSV file output to be able to do anything meaningful with the CSV file in regards to Sections.

4. I am fully aware of B24 but clean hard copy reports need to be available and I have the baseline done and gave it free to the community. I know a very inexpensive programmer through Upworks that would allow individual community members to create custom hard copy reports at very low cost just as I did with a sound CSV file export.

5. If a subtask is extracted from an advanced search it still needs its parent and project for context regardless if the Parent met the search requirements of the subtask.

Not trying to be difficult but these kind of things just need fixing so users like me can contribute to the Community and Community Users can take advantage of Advanced Search and CSV export. Spreadsheet use of CSV files are fine but disconnected data or lacking data causes lots of problems.

Thanks for your consideration.

2 Likes