Ctrl/Cmd + Q New task change

I use “Cmd+Q” to create new tasks all of the time in my browser, often creating many tasks this way in succession to add them to my “New Tasks”. Recently it switched from popping up a box in the middle of the screen when pressing Cmd+Q to a box on the bottom right of the screen. This is fine, but it also seems that you can no longer press “enter” to create the new task once the info has been created. You have to use the mouse to click on the “Create task” button, which is much less convenient. Has this change taken place for others? Any chance of restoring the “Enter to create task” functionality?

Hi @Kyle_Bruner, are you referring to the “Tab+Q” shortcut rather than “Cmd+Q”? (https://asana.com/guide/help/faq/shortcuts)

This new “Quick-add pop out” feature is still pretty new and we’re still gathering users feedback to make some adjustments; so thank you so much for taking the time to share yours! You’re absolutely right, as it stands, you have to use the “Tab” key to move through all the task’s fields before you can actually use the “Enter” key to create your task, which is not as fast as it used to be in the previous “Quick add” format. I have gone ahead and escalated your feedback to the team in charge of this new feature; hopefully, this is something they can fix soon!

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback, we really appreciate it! :slight_smile: