Custom Reminder Notifications

This comment is from a couple of years ago but I logged in to the Asana forum to see if this type of feature exists. It would be great to be able to set reminders on a task alongside a due date.

For example, leave a reminder 2 days before a task is actually due to give you a heads up!

Would love any insight if this has been implemented into Asana at all (or if there’s talks about it).

3 Likes

It would be great if tasks with set due times would have the option or automatically provide pop-up notifications on your mobile device letting you know a task is about to become due.

3 Likes

Great idea :+1:!

1 Like

Hi @Meira_Leonard and @Daniel_Frischknecht :wave:

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us! We have an existing thread regarding this issue so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this main thread to consolidate comments and votes. I hope it’s OK!

Have a great week! :grinning:

Agreed. I currently have to set separate reminders for tasks that need to be addressed by a certain time. Midnight reminders for what’s due that day seems like would be the same thing as just looking at your Today list.

Is there any updates? Or I should switch to Trello?

2 Likes

Just want to provide another voice. It would be so helpful to have the ability to just add a custom reminder like Smartsheet offers. The due date might be in 3 days but I want to set a reminder to follow up with the client 1 day early to ensure that we are on schedule.

is it going to happen? are we getting mobile notifications???

Vote for all of this. Asana seems to be very slow to the party with some basic functions. I am just signing up now for some of the very nice UI/UX stuff, organization of work, Timeline is very fluid and easier to manipulate that most other Gantt solutions I’ve seen. But the lack of reminders, time tracking, ability to actually close a project, and some other basics are really blatant. I don’t plan to stay in Asana if you guys continue to develop key stuff at a very slow pace. But here for now and eager to dive in and take advantage of the good features you do have right now!

Hi all! I’m Nicole, a Product Manager at Asana. We’d like to invite you to participate in some research around how our customers get time-sensitive work done.

We’re curious to learn what you need so we can build features to help you get your work done on time! If you’re interested, please fill out this form and we’ll reach out to schedule a chat if you’re a match for the study.

We’re looking for users to speak with us for 30 minutes, and we’re able to send $50 for your time. All interviews will be conducted remotely.

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts with our team and helping us make Asana better for you!

Nicole

1 Like

I’m 100% in for this study! this would literally change the efficiency of our company if there were reminders! I love asana and have been using it for years! <3 thanks for the chance to maybe help be a part of this amazing product’s improvements! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m 100% in for this study! this would literally change the efficiency of our company if there were reminders! I love asana and have been using it for years! <3 thanks for the chance to maybe help be a part of this amazing product’s improvements! :smiley:

As a work around until Asana adds this feature, you can add a sub-task to the main task called “Reminder xxx” and you can set a different due date/time for the sub-task, when it pops up on your due list you can see the parent task it belongs to.
Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Agreed, all serious project management tools have a reminder feature. Please implement this, Asana!

1 Like

As another work around, I’ve been using this Project Buddy: Asana + GoogleCal sync tool. $25 per user, per year currently.
Since I use a google workflow already, I setup notifications for the selected Asana calendar, and as I update/create tasks in asana, they auto-populate in my calendar and fire off notifications 1hr prior to the due time (user definable, sort of). Hope this helps :smiley:

How on earth do people manage throughout the day? Continuously checking Asana to see if there’s a meeting, zoom or deadline coming up? Unless you memorise your whole day how on earth do you know what’s coming up and at what time? My work mentality is to get everything out of my head to make room for creativity, but without notifications and reminders, this is impossible. The stress of having to keep checking what appointments/meetings and deadlines I had was way too much. I guess there’s zaps and ITTT etc but it seems such a simple feature. (PS there is an automation available now for business users at 24.99 a month but it’s still not an actual reminder.

4 Likes