Custom Template

Good idea, @pdmcdermott. In the meantime, I add a tag “Template Task” to all my template tasks so I can view them all in one place.

Todd
projectmanagementpros.com

2 Likes

Hey there! Just in case y’all haven’t heard the news, Asana recently added custom templates as a premium feature: Learn About Creating Custom Project Plan Templates in Asana

1 Like

is it possible to use the custom templates inside of subtasks within a certain project?
Instead of creating multiple tasks with a common purpose we would like to limit to fewer parent tasks and have the multiple subtasks inside of the parent task. This will streamline our initial view and help to categorize our tasks per say the vendor’s name and then all tasks in the project related to the vendor are subtasks. I can apply custom fields to the project but they do not show in the subtasks unless i assign them individually in the subtasks. - Thank you in advance!

Hi Jennifer. At this time Custom Templates are at the project level.

With your team’s interest in subtasks it sounds like you might enjoy this discussion, To Subtask or not to Subtask:

When it comes to Custom Templates, how do you make them accessible to your team without giving everyone access to the base template? We removed most of our team from our “Templates Library” in order to streamline the process for creating and updating, and now none of them can use our templates when they create a new project.

Hi @Blair,

This sounds like a permissions issue. I’d actually suggest that you add your team back to the templates library for them to access the template and then create Asana conventions that encourage your team to not edit the base template. I think you’ll find these Guide articles on project permissions and conventions to be helpful:

Please let us know if you have other questions.

1 Like

If it helps, @Blair, we put all of our base templates in one section on the sidebar, with an empty project serving as a header:

I also keep private back-up copies of everything, just in case someone accidentally alters one of them.

3 Likes

Oh nice! I like this.

1 Like