Inbox - Disable notifications for tasks due today

This issue finally got me to create an account here after googling variations on “how to disable You have a task due Today in asana”. I have a task list sorted by due date, and these just hide the actual useful content used to appreciate in the inbox. And the nightly push notification deluge is going to force me to disable push notifications and miss actual content.

1 Like

:frowning: there might be a market for virtual assistant specialized in Asana and who would clear people inboxes from those notifications :joy:

2 Likes

Many Asana Users would love to receive the option to turn off “You have a task due Today” alerts as a Christmas present. <3

Yes, please. This is extremely annoying.

The worst thing about these is getting notifications at midnight. I really don’t need to be reminded about work at midnight. I NEED a way to turn these off.

Hey @Niel_Bowerman/@Connie/@Kris/@Neyl/@David_Ayers/@Sarah_Weber/@AvalonJoe/@Brigham/@Josh_Cowen/@Josh_Latham/@reinnovating/@Jaume_Lopez/@Ryne_Weber/@Chris_Moyer/@Robert_Mills!

Our team of developers have integrated your feedback into a “Turn off Due Today inbox” notice button, that should now appear in the Hacks section of your Personal Profile Section.

You can navigate to this space by Go to the Hacks tab of your Profile Settings to enable or disable any Hack. Click the Reload to Apply Changes button to save your changes.

Thank you all again for sharing your feedback on this feature. It’s really helped us fine tune how best to deliver the functionality of this product feature.

8 Likes

Can we keep the process going? I’d like to only see tasks that have comment to me on them. That makes it more of an inbox. Right now it is basically a newsfeed. And as the creator of most projects in our organization, I get ALL the notifications for every task.

Thanks @Michael_A, that’s awesome! <3

1 Like

Hi @George

I can certainly understand how this can become unwieldy as the creator of many Projects in your Organization. That said, the function of the inbox is to be a newsfeed for all updates to the Tasks you’re a collaborator of as well as Projects and/or Teams you’re a member of.

If you wish to remove yourself from following Tasks, simply remove yourself as a collaborator by clicking the (X) that appears on the circle with your profile photo that appears at the bottom section of the Task in question.

I’ve included a screenshot below of where this is accessible at the Task level.

Additionally, it sounds like you may need to toggle your notification settings at the Project Member level, which will silence the activity you explicitly wish to not stay abreast on. Additional instructions are available at the following link:

Hope this helps calm a bit of your inbox noise!
:slight_smile:

Thank you!!!

Thanks for the response but as the creator of the project I am automatically added as a collaborator to every task within that project. We have some templates that have over 100 tasks in them so I would have to go in an un-follow each task, which would be more time consuming than just ignoring the inbox. Which is what we currently do.

1 Like

Hi again @George

Sounds like you need to remove your notifications from this Project template prior to copying. I included links to instructions on how to toggle those settings in my last response :slight_smile:

For further troubleshooting you should probably make a separate post and/or submit a support request to our Team via support

2 Likes

Hi George, you can select several task at a time and un-follow with one click on the right pane. Maybe this can help.
Regards

1 Like

Definitely a must-have feature! It would improve the usefulness of the Inbox tremendously!
Having a notification about my tasks that are due today is redundant. These tasks are in “My Tasks” anyway. - From my perspective it’s just spam in the Inbox.

1 Like

This sould now be solved @Robert_Mills: Midnight Notifications Are Not Nice

This hack I leave alone; these due messages are useful, at least some of the time.

What would be nice for us at ShipRise (translate “essential”) is a way to turn of the flood of
“Madam Scheduler changed the due date on One of Your Many Tasks to Feb 31. Since you’re waiting on that task, consider updating your task’s due date accordingly.”

Since we never schedule our own due dates, this is a superfluous annoyance, to the point that some of our team members now refuse to look at their Inbox, causing them to miss important team member comments.

One more line on the Hacks tab, please. Just one more line.

Confused by Niel’s comment and the solved response. He is talking about Facebook and his “today” list. I simply want to get my tasks OUT of my inbox. Ever am, I review my tasks and adjust dates. Then I go to inbox and see the same tasks again.
If I go to hacks and turn on Disable Notifications for Tasks Starting & Due Today does this mean that I will still see it in mytasks but not in inbox?

Would really, really love to see an option to turn on notifications only for those items assigned with a due time, according to that due time. Or, have the option for notifications set on the tasks themselves. I can’t do anything productive with an onslaught of 25 reminders when I’m first waking up, but an option for a reminder at the time I’m meant to actually complete a task is what I truly wish were available.

2 Likes

First of all thanks for adding the hack! It seems that when this turned on, the notifications indeed do not appear in Inbox, but they seem to also stop popping up notifications on mobile. For me, due today tasks should still pop up as notification to have my attention, while still not showing up in Inbox.

1 Like

I’d like to see the notification hack broken out in two options.

• Tasks due today
  • Tasks Scheduled to begin today with date ranges

I would like to see tasks with date ranges show up to notify me to begin working on it, especially since Asana organizes My Tasks more by due date (either with Due Today, Upcoming, Later or in my case I keep it sorted by Due Date) so the beginning of the range is not visible until the task comes up due. I don’t need to see tasks in my inbox that are due today, since I can see those in My Tasks

1 Like