Inbox - Disable notifications for tasks due today

Many times I have a lot of task in my inbox because their reach the due date. I guess that asna can insert an option to disable the reminder notifications due to due date.
This could be show in the progress view for each project.

1 Like

3 Likes

As someone who stays up late, the 12am rush of “due today” tasks pushed to my phone is completely ruining my Netflix viewing experience. :wink:

On a serious note, I know my coworkers are fairly frustrated with this new(ish) occurrence of “due today” task in their inboxes but don’t frequent forums like this.

I’d be incredibly appreciative of the ability to customize the inbox. Thanks for the listening to our ideas and continueing to make the user experience better!

2 Likes

Hi @Alexis - any update on this… I’ve literally emailed support once a week for several months I only get a generic reply saying the feedback has been relayed to the developers:

“Modifications to this feature are in the pipeline however I’m not at liberty to provide the kind of due date for this you’re looking for at the moment.”

This is a serious concern for many users, especially those of us may often have hundreds of due tasks on a daily basis. The information is redundant and jamming up our Inboxes, being we can view any upcoming due tasks in the My Task section. Making it very easy to miss other Inbox notifications, like messages from team members that may need prompt attention.

Is there any way you can tell us is this is being considered at all for an update, or should we expect to continue to hear nothing on the matter from Asana?

3 Likes

Hi Josh,

I appreciate your persistence and enthusiasm! I’m afraid I’m not going to be able to tell you much more than the support team. What I can tell you is that each month I deliver our top threads directly to our product managers, so they’re aware of the requests in the Community. We’ll definitely update you if we have news!

Thanks,
Alexis

1 Like

This issue finally got me to create an account here after googling variations on “how to disable You have a task due Today in asana”. I have a task list sorted by due date, and these just hide the actual useful content used to appreciate in the inbox. And the nightly push notification deluge is going to force me to disable push notifications and miss actual content.

1 Like

:frowning: there might be a market for virtual assistant specialized in Asana and who would clear people inboxes from those notifications :joy:

2 Likes

Many Asana Users would love to receive the option to turn off “You have a task due Today” alerts as a Christmas present. <3

Yes, please. This is extremely annoying.

The worst thing about these is getting notifications at midnight. I really don’t need to be reminded about work at midnight. I NEED a way to turn these off.

Hey @Niel_Bowerman/@Connie/@Kris/@Neyl/@David_Ayers/@Sarah_Weber/@AvalonJoe/@Brigham/@Josh_Cowen/@Josh_Latham/@reinnovating/@Jaume_Lopez/@Ryne_Weber/@Chris_Moyer/@Robert_Mills!

Our team of developers have integrated your feedback into a “Turn off Due Today inbox” notice button, that should now appear in the Hacks section of your Personal Profile Section.

You can navigate to this space by Go to the Hacks tab of your Profile Settings to enable or disable any Hack. Click the Reload to Apply Changes button to save your changes.

Thank you all again for sharing your feedback on this feature. It’s really helped us fine tune how best to deliver the functionality of this product feature.

8 Likes

Can we keep the process going? I’d like to only see tasks that have comment to me on them. That makes it more of an inbox. Right now it is basically a newsfeed. And as the creator of most projects in our organization, I get ALL the notifications for every task.

Thanks @Michael_A, that’s awesome! <3

1 Like

Hi @George

I can certainly understand how this can become unwieldy as the creator of many Projects in your Organization. That said, the function of the inbox is to be a newsfeed for all updates to the Tasks you’re a collaborator of as well as Projects and/or Teams you’re a member of.

If you wish to remove yourself from following Tasks, simply remove yourself as a collaborator by clicking the (X) that appears on the circle with your profile photo that appears at the bottom section of the Task in question.

I’ve included a screenshot below of where this is accessible at the Task level.

Additionally, it sounds like you may need to toggle your notification settings at the Project Member level, which will silence the activity you explicitly wish to not stay abreast on. Additional instructions are available at the following link:

Hope this helps calm a bit of your inbox noise!
:slight_smile:

Thank you!!!

Thanks for the response but as the creator of the project I am automatically added as a collaborator to every task within that project. We have some templates that have over 100 tasks in them so I would have to go in an un-follow each task, which would be more time consuming than just ignoring the inbox. Which is what we currently do.

1 Like

Hi again @George

Sounds like you need to remove your notifications from this Project template prior to copying. I included links to instructions on how to toggle those settings in my last response :slight_smile:

For further troubleshooting you should probably make a separate post and/or submit a support request to our Team via support

2 Likes

Hi George, you can select several task at a time and un-follow with one click on the right pane. Maybe this can help.
Regards

1 Like

Definitely a must-have feature! It would improve the usefulness of the Inbox tremendously!
Having a notification about my tasks that are due today is redundant. These tasks are in “My Tasks” anyway. - From my perspective it’s just spam in the Inbox.

1 Like

This sould now be solved @Robert_Mills: Midnight Notifications Are Not Nice