Customize Print Output

Would it be possible to allow for customizing the Print output? Either custom CSS or formatting. Maybe the option of choosing what data displays and where.

I have been trying to figure out the best way to present a project plan to a client, but have not found something that I would consider to be an acceptable format. It would also be great if we could add some of our branding such as logo and brand coloring.

As a side note, maybe there’s an integration that does something similar already? I saw a post about creating a website from a project which may be along the lines of what I could be looking for: Turn any Asana project into a webpage: interesting?

Indeed my idea “turn any Asana project into a webpage” would do the trick! Subscribe on http://asadocs.launchrock.com/ to get notified!

That’s great news. I subscribed for updates. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Also curious if Asana has plans to allow for customizing the Print output.

Colin has addressed a major shortcoming in Asana. Particularly with custom fields, you should be able to determine whether or not they print, and how. Right now it just adds every custom field as a new row which is garbage

@Colin_Flanders a version of my tool is available on three-dots.io. I still have minor bugs but it is mostly working.

+1 for being able to customize the print output

Some examples:

• Turning task descriptions on / off
  • Turning subtasks on / off (this is possible for search results, but does not work for the printed output)
  • Changing the font size (project names are ridiculously large)

If I am forgetting a feature that does this, please let me know. I am not interested in a workaround since it is not worth the effort in our specific case. We just need a simple way to print our talking points for meetings we have with our ‘paper bound’ clients. The way the printouts look at the moment I can not give them to our clients. They are way too ugly :smiley: