Default Assignee, Due Date (Today) and Default Projects

Hi all

This is primarily for the iOS app, but it would work for web too.

Quite often, I dump ideas into Asana using the iOS app. Usually its stuff that I need to action that day, so I would like to be able to automatically assign myself, with a due date of today, in a specific project (which I called ‘Dumping Ground’ :slight_smile: ).

These settings could be totally optional - but in cases like mine where there are sometimes ten or twenty tasks dumped in there in one day, it would significantly speed up the process of adding tasks.

Best Wishes
Mark

If you use the mytask view it defaults you as the assignee and will be in the new task section. Would that work?

Jason.

I have searched for this several times, can’t seem to find out if this is possible.

I want to do a “brain dump” of things that I want assigned for today, without having to go in and assign it as today each task.

Is this possible, to default assign tasks to today’s date? Would love this!

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Matt_Vranes!

Yes you can set up rules under “My Tasks” for example. Now since you only want specific tasks that you add as ideas to trigger the rule I recommend adding them to a specific columns/section.

Then you can set up a rule that all tasks added to the section are assigned with a due date.
Screenshot_4202
Adding a 0 means the due date set will be today

ok, that’s way cool, Andrea.

Thank you! I’ll go in and set that up now!

1 Like