Default assignee

assignee

+1 for the Default assignee.

+1 for the Default assignee too

This is the single reason I keep trying out other apps. Asana is great for team work, but there are so many personal tasks that I need to add, and I cannot go to My Tasks all the time to add them since I am in the context of a project.

Please please add this feature!

Yes! please add default assignee.

The lack of a response here from Asana is quite shocking. Over a year and numerous requests (from me too just now) and nothing. It does seem like a fairly easy feature to add. At least an acknowledgement or official stance/respone seems reasonable.

Why has this feature been asked for by so many and not implemented? This seems so easy to include - I also vote for this feature!

Why has this feature been asked for by so many and not implemented? This seems so easy to include - I also vote for this feature!

I agree, this feature is needed!

Definitely would like to have this feature. As a dev, I’m not really seeing why this feature hasn’t already been implemented as it’s seems extremely straightforward and is clearly being heavily requested by users. The default assignee could be a simple field at the workspace and project levels where the user could select from the workspace members. Then, upon each task creation, the assignee would just be set to the default assignee unless the user manually changes the assignee.

Very. Straightforward.

Yes please add this!

This is the only reason i haven’t committed to Asana 100%. Having to assign every task to myself is annoying as hell.
Also really a little ticked that this issue seems to be an ongoing one and they just haven’t even bothered to look in to it.

Count me as another vote for a “default assignee” feature.