Delaying Email Notification

tasks

Whenever someone begins creating a task and assigns(which is the designed layout - “Task Name” followed by “assignee”), it INSTANTLY sends out an email notification before the description is even finished.

Is there a way to delay the sending of the email notification or only send email notification upon finishing the task creation?

Unfortunately, I don’t believe this is possible at the moment @Eric_Sleeth. That said, I can see your point there. I’d recommend moving your post to the #productfeedback category; you can do by clicking on the edit option next to your post title.

@Eric_Sleeth, the simple solution I always use is to proceed in this order:

1. First finish entering all the task details (title, description, subtasks, projects, etc.), and only after I’m sure it’s ready, then

2. Make the assignment (and add any followers).

That will send the notification(s) only after the task is fully ready to be seen by others.

Larry Berger
Asana2Go & Asana Certified Pro Consultant at Trilogi Software

You could do that. However, all the other users in a team may not and it doesn’t address the issue.

Additionally, this is the designed user experience of Asana of prioritizing assignee. Which is fine. But it is impacting the notification system.